News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

W's Wisdom...

Started by flufhed, June 16, 2008, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flufhed

Hi All...many of you may have the same calendar I do...the "George W. Bushims 2008 Page-A-Day Calendar".  365 of his most famous "bits of wisdom" if you can call them that.  Aside from his many other flaws I think we all knew from day 1 that the English language wasn't his strong suit...

Anyway, these things crack me up every day and I think it is fun to "celebrate" and remember how "brilliant" this president was as we wind down the last few hundred days of his run as commander in chief.

I want to post these for other's enjoyment when they are especially good ones...I will stop if people object or think this isn't a worthwhile thread...and I wish I had been on here all year doing this because there have been some doozies!  But better late than pregnant as they say...

Without further ado...the wit and wisdom of our 43rd President:

"I'm also mindful that man should never try to put words in God's mouth.  I mean, we should never ascribe natural disasters or anything else to God.  We are in no way, shape, or form should a human being play God."

- George W. Bush - Appearing on ABC's 20/20, Washington DC; January 14,2005

sophist

Should make for some interesting reading over the next few months. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

flufhed

Since this is my first day doing this topic...and I want to make people like this thread...I am doing a 2-fer.  I pulled one out that might be my favorite so far...don't know why this one makes me laugh so much.

BUSH: "I talked to my little brother, Jeb - I haven't told this to many people.  But he's the governor of - I shouldn't call him my little brother - my brother, Jeb, the great governor of Texas."

JIM LEHRER: "Florida".

BUSH: "Florida.  The state of the Florida."

-Appearing on The News Hour with Jim Lehrer, April 27th, 2000

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

"Leader of the Free World," Ladies and Gentleman...
Let's give him a hand.

Seriously.

He needs help.

ytowndan

Ha!  This should be fun!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

flufhed

Good Morning  :phish: heads...

More daily Wisdom from W...enjoy!

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."

CNN Online Chat; August 30, 2000

AND...a bonus from the archives...

"Natural gas is hemispheric.  I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."

Austin, Texas; December 20, 2000

flufhed

No love on these yet today eh?  It's all good...it is a new topic thread and I am patient and intended on making it popular! 

flufhed

It's goodnight for me  :phish: heads...  I leave you with tomorrow's words of wisdom from W...

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

George W Bush - Greece, New York; May 24th, 2005

I'd catapult downtown.......

ytowndan

:lol:

That's a good one.  Heh, in a way i kinda feel guilty for laughing at that. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sls.stormyrider

In other words, if you lie often enough and loud enough, it becomes true
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

flufhed

Quote from: slslbs on June 18, 2008, 10:46:25 AM
In other words, if you lie often enough and loud enough, it becomes true

And we have a winner!  This administration made this their mantra it seems...and it worked.   :frustrated:

nab

Always knew that was official policy, but didn't know that he would actually proclaim it outloud.  Then again, I've got to consider the source.

flufhed

Just saw this...I guess I am encouraged that congress just spits in his face now...

Bush vetoes farm bill, again
Congress expected to easily come up with majority needed to override

The Associated Press
updated 1:10 p.m. ET, Wed., June. 18, 2008

WASHINGTON - President Bush on Wednesday vetoed a $290 billion farm bill for a second time, sending it back to Congress after a printing error threatened the delivery of U.S. food aid abroad.

Most of the bill was enacted in May, when both the House and Senate easily overrode Bush's first veto of the legislation. But 34 pages of the bill that would extend foreign aid programs were mistakenly missing from the parchment copy Congress sent the White House, so that section has not yet become law.

To ensure the aid continues amid a global hunger crisis — and to prevent future legal challenges — Congress and Bush are again passing, vetoing and enacting the entire bill to provide farm subsidies, food stamps and other nutrition programs over the next five years.

The mistake delayed shipments of food to Ethiopia, Myanmar and Somalia, said Stephen Driesler, the U.S. Agency for International Development's deputy assistant administrator for legislative and public affairs.

"We have orders ready to go," Driesler said Wednesday.

Both chambers should easily come up with the two-thirds majorities needed to override the second veto. The Senate passed the bill 77-15, and the House passed it 306-110.

Both the House and Senate were expected to take up the veto override Wednesday.

Bush contends the legislation, which extends agriculture and nutrition programs, is too expensive and too generous with subsidies for farmers. He opposed the legislation from the start and began threatening to veto it last July.

He said Congress missed an opportunity to make the bill better when it was passed a second time.

"For a year and a half, I have consistently asked that the Congress pass a good farm bill that I can sign," Bush said in his veto message. "Regrettably, the Congress has failed to do so. At a time of high food prices and record farm income, this bill lacks program reform and fiscal discipline."

About two-thirds of the farm law pays for domestic nutrition programs such as food stamps, which will see increases of around $1 billion a year. About $40 billion is for farm subsidies, and almost $30 billion will go to farmers to protect environmentally sensitive farmland.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25244839/

natronzero

OK here's one. Short but sweet:

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."
   —Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

:-o
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.