News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Seeding from Two Computers on Two Diff. Connections

Started by lard_lad, March 31, 2005, 09:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lard_lad

Hi,

I've got a general question: Has anyone seeded from two computers through two different connections at the same time?  

Here's what I'm thinking about doing:  I'm slated to seed 12.9.95 and 12.29.95 for the Fall '95 project.  I've got a PC at home connected through Road Runner.  I was going to make and seed the torrents on that machine.   But I've also got a laptop I use at school.  So I was thinking that I could copy the fileset and torrent file to the laptop then seed from both the laptop while at school and leave my desktop at home running as well.  The laptop would be in and out since I don't have the wireless connection while in class, but for a couple of hours each day it could add about 100 KB/sec to the whole thing.   The desktop would be the baseline seed and upload at about 40 KB/sec.  

Thoughts???

jedifunk

that should work perfectly... and speed up peoples downloads too.  great idea.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Yeah!  Then hand a couple copies to some friends to help seed.  It sounds like a good deal!

-Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

lets have a seeding party!!!

this friday night, my house, 8pm, be there, or be square! ;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Quotelets have a seeding party!!!

Whose bringing the girl? :shock:

-Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.