News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: antelope19 on October 03, 2011, 05:47:02 PM
This is just a personal hunch, but I think we're going to see an upgraded Iphone 4(better camera, faster processor, etc), an Iphone 4S if you will, and not a completely overhauled "Iphone 5" tomorrow.

Just my $.02

/sweet blog

The antenna will be integrated into the display, and will now drop calls whenever you mistakenly touch your ear to the phone.
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

I am so ready to pull the trigger on this....If they come out without a Sprint option I am going to be pretty deflated....I could go AT&T and just bill my company, but it is really nice to just have someone pay your bill every month, and with my company, we're all on a corporate Sprint plan....How has it worked in the past:  They make the announcement and the actual on sale is in a day/3 days/week?  I am fulling buying into the hype, but not so much that I want to wait in a huge day one line.  I am hoping I can just pre-order and have it mailed to me by/around the release date....I am hoping that is an option...getting freaking pumped....

antelope19

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 03, 2011, 11:14:12 PM
I am so ready to pull the trigger on this....If they come out without a Sprint option I am going to be pretty deflated....I could go AT&T and just bill my company, but it is really nice to just have someone pay your bill every month, and with my company, we're all on a corporate Sprint plan....How has it worked in the past:  They make the announcement and the actual on sale is in a day/3 days/week?  I am fulling buying into the hype, but not so much that I want to wait in a huge day one line.  I am hoping I can just pre-order and have it mailed to me by/around the release date....I am hoping that is an option...getting freaking pumped....

I don't think you have anything to worry about.....

Less than a day before the expected announcement of the new iPhones, the Wall Street Journal reports that Sprint plans to 'bet the company' on the iPhone and will purchase at least 30.5 million iPhones over the next four years, which amounts to about US$20 billion.

Sprint would subsidize each phone for about $500. The move isn't expected to generate any sort of profit until 2014. The WSJ's source tells the paper that "the projected hit to the company's operating income is 'staggering,' " but it's expected to halt the company's sales losses to Verizon and AT&T as Sprint's customers seek out the iPhone.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

i'm finding it hard to believe though that Apple would give Sprint an exclusive on the iPhone 5. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mattstick

I read that they will have a 14-day advance on new product, but no exclusives.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: tet on October 04, 2011, 07:58:40 AM
i'm finding it hard to believe though that Apple would give Sprint an exclusive on the iPhone 5.

I would agree with this.  Sprint is really hanging on for dear life.  I'm actually surprised they have lasted this long.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mattstick

If Sprint offers unlimited packages, I suspect they'll get a few people to switch.

tet

Quote from: mattstick on October 04, 2011, 09:34:11 AM

If Sprint offers unlimited packages, I suspect they'll get a few people to switch.

very true - they've been pushing that lately and I think that's a pretty attractive way to get some people over from AT&T and Verizon, which have both been throttling and limiting everything as corporate policy.  If Sprint comes on board with the iPhone and "unlimited everything" plans, the others are going to have to follow...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

JPhishman

I'm following along on the Gizmodo live blog. Seems to update the fastest.

I don't know why they don't just stream video of these events.....

Crazy amounts of people would tune in I'm sure.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mattstick

There was a stream for the iPad 1 event.

TUAW and Engadget are both crashed out for me.

rowjimmy

Engadget is working ok here...

JPhishman

TUAW liveblog is pretty good here

rowjimmy

JPhishman

mattstick

Find My Friends is pretty sick.  I can use this to see where Heather is Christmas shopping for me, or where my drug dealer is.