News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Any release dates yet?

mattstick

JPhishman

Here we go.....

Looks like 4S... no 5.

I'm still on 3S so I'm pumped to upgrade.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mattstick on October 04, 2011, 01:44:06 PM

Find My Friends is pretty sick.  I can use this to see where Heather is Christmas shopping for me, or where my drug dealer is.

I had this exact idea this summer when I couldn't find my buddies at Camden. Fucking Apple ripping me off.

Other than that the best new feature to me is an Android rip off. No 4G/LTE? Kinda disappointing.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

tet

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 04, 2011, 02:14:25 PM
Quote from: mattstick on October 04, 2011, 01:44:06 PM

Find My Friends is pretty sick.  I can use this to see where Heather is Christmas shopping for me, or where my drug dealer is.

I had this exact idea this summer when I couldn't find my buddies at Camden. Fucking Apple ripping me off.

Other than that the best new feature to me is an Android rip off. No 4G/LTE? Kinda disappointing.

what's so good about 4G that it's worth having an hour and a half of battery life??  HSDPA+, at 14 mb/s, should suffice for most...  and you still get 8 hours of talk time
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VDB

I like the voice controls...
Is this still Wombat?

JPhishman

hmmmmm I still have questions about itunes match. Whats the cap? How is it gonna work for those of us with 800gb libraries?
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mattstick

iTunes Match seems kind of stupid to me.

No pricing without a contract?

tet

Quote from: JPhishman on October 04, 2011, 02:39:06 PM
hmmmmm I still have questions about itunes match. Whats the cap? How is it gonna work for those of us with 800gb libraries?

it won't.  there's a 25,000 song limit (not sure if there are any size restrictions to it, or what happens when we upload Apple Lossless files...)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

did they say if this will be a "world" phone?

never mind - yes is the answer.

and you know that for sure
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Reading some tech sites today, I love all the commenters kvetching over the "4S" vs. "5" name. It's a different phone, an upgraded phone; what difference does it make what they call it? Plus, the real-time hanging on, the immediate granular post-mortem, the wide range of all-over-the-map emotional reactions among the Apple faithful -- all reminded me, amusingly, of a certain other fanbase.

For my part, I've had the 3GS for two years now and have always figured I'd take a hard look at the 4's successor. I'll bide my time and wait for an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak (can't live without it), then decide if I'm going to ditch AT&T.
Is this still Wombat?

zimbra

Hopefully be getting one on the 12th.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio