News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Location Services is the ultimate battery suck.

If you have it switched on for Reminders you're gonna see your battery drain like crazy.

sls.stormyrider

That part I figured out. If I'm not using the phone, it's not draining cause I've turned the shit off.
I'm a bit concerned about drainage during calls and surfing.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

My screen brightness is rarely over 30%.

mattstick

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on November 02, 2011, 01:34:12 PM

GMail app is out now.

Still don't see it in the store but, I'm sure it's coming... Garageband is out for iPhone now, too.

mattstick

Yeah, I had to download it through iTunes.

The only time I think I'll use it is if I have to go back and find something in a folder, which isn't particularly easy in the iPhone's Mail App.

Multibeast12

my phones slide out key board is broke, so time for a new phone......after playing with the 4s. yeah i'm gonna get it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on November 02, 2011, 02:19:03 PM
Yeah, I had to download it through iTunes.

The only time I think I'll use it is if I have to go back and find something in a folder, which isn't particularly easy in the iPhone's Mail App.

pulled:
http://www.tuaw.com/2011/11/02/google-releases-official-ios-gmail-app/

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on October 31, 2011, 11:08:55 PM
I have heard others complain about battery life.  I have the 4, not the 4s though. 

That said, I try to avoid charging in the car because I think that over time, it kills the battery

I have never had a battery killing issue on any of my phones.  I charge it every night and never had to replace a battery early. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

rowjimmy

via HuffingtonPost:
“A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices,” an Apple spokesperson told The Loop. “We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks.”
Apple sent the same statement to AllThingD but didn't share an exact date when the iOS 5 update would be available for users to download.

MacRumors, however, notes that Apple also released a beta version of its mobile software to developers. Titled "iOS 5.0.1", the software will be available for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, first- and second-generation iPads, and third- and fourth-generation iPod Touches. According to MacRumors, the update will fix some of users' biggest problems with devices running iOS 5, including battery life, security issues, voice recognition problems for Australian users and more.

zimbra

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 03, 2011, 09:24:38 AM
via HuffingtonPost:
"A small number of customers have reported lower than expected battery life on iOS 5 devices," an Apple spokesperson told The Loop. "We have found a few bugs that are affecting battery life and we will release a software update to address those in a few weeks."
Apple sent the same statement to AllThingD but didn't share an exact date when the iOS 5 update would be available for users to download.

MacRumors, however, notes that Apple also released a beta version of its mobile software to developers. Titled "iOS 5.0.1", the software will be available for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, first- and second-generation iPads, and third- and fourth-generation iPod Touches. According to MacRumors, the update will fix some of users' biggest problems with devices running iOS 5, including battery life, security issues, voice recognition problems for Australian users and more.

Hahaha wtf.

My battery life isn't bad and I leave my location services on for a good amount of apps. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on November 02, 2011, 03:57:47 PM
I have heard others complain about battery life.  I have the 4, not the 4s though. 

That said, I try to avoid charging in the car because I think that over time, it kills the battery

I have never had a battery killing issue on any of my phones.  I charge it every night and never had to replace a battery early.

I charge my phone all the time without any issues either.  I was told within the last year from a Verizon employee that charging your phone(specifically in the car) is bad for the battery because of the difference in voltage?  Something along those lines.  As he explained it, over time, it lessens the amount of charge the battery will hold.  He told us that we should always charge on a computer or from the wall if possible. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on November 03, 2011, 03:44:58 PM

I charge my phone all the time without any issues either.  I was told within the last year from a Verizon employee that charging your phone(specifically in the car) is bad for the battery because of the difference in voltage?  Something along those lines.  As he explained it, over time, it lessens the amount of charge the battery will hold.  He told us that we should always charge on a computer or from the wall if possible.

That guy is on crack.

You car charger converts from 12v dc to 5v dc and juices up your phone the same way your wall charger converts 110v ac to 5v dc. Just don't by a shitty one.

It's especially odd that he'd say that when he could have sold car chargers to you and the wife and increase his commission.

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 03, 2011, 07:02:53 PM

That guy is on crack.

You car charger converts from 12v dc to 5v dc and juices up your phone the same way your wall charger converts 110v ac to 5v dc. Just don't by a shitty one.

It's especially odd that he'd say that when he could have sold car chargers to you and the wife and increase his commission.

Nobody seems to understand rechargeable batteries anymore.

Multibeast12

Quote from: kellerb on November 03, 2011, 07:27:10 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 03, 2011, 07:02:53 PM

That guy is on crack.

Nobody seems to understand rechargeable batteries anymore.
Agreed.

Aren't the ones in iPhones suppose to not matter when you charge them, because they are built into the device and can not be taken out like other phone batteries.