News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

An unlocked 3GS is still going to cost you around $250... If you don't plan on activating it, how different is it from your existing iPod Touch? 

A new iPod Touch is only $199.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on September 27, 2012, 10:23:34 AM

An unlocked 3GS is still going to cost you around $250... If you don't plan on activating it, how different is it from your existing iPod Touch? 

My Touch doesn't have a camera so, I think it's 1st or 2nd gen.  I found a 3gs on Telus for $150, doesn't mean I have to have a plan, right?  I thought about grabbing a new Touch but they're going for $299 here.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

not sure what you see in the Canadian version of the Apple store, but a refurbished 4th Gen touch is $209 here: http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC544LL/A/refurbished-ipod-touch-32gb-black
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 27, 2012, 10:31:49 AM
Quote from: mattstick on September 27, 2012, 10:23:34 AM

My Touch doesn't have a camera so, I think it's 1st or 2nd gen.  I found a 3gs on Telus for $150, doesn't mean I have to have a plan, right?  I thought about grabbing a new Touch but they're going for $299 here.

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/FC540/refurbished-ipod-touch-8gb-black

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/FC544/refurbished-ipod-touch-32gb-black

Buffalo Budd

Thanks guys for all the input, I'm gonna weigh the pros and cons of the iphone and touch and make a decision tonight.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

Did someone from MS infiltrate Apple?

Maps was very buggy on my recent trip to Cali. Sometimes it worked- more than once it didn't update properly going from one place to another, Siri stopped giving me turn by turn directions. A few times it couldn't find the location I typed in. It also sent me to the wrong place (I knew it was wrong by looking at the map- I didn't waste my time getting lost)

App update is having problems, too. It has been freezing in the middle of re-installs. I went to the Mac forum. The simplest, least invasive answer was shutting off wifi and turning it back on. I had to do this a few times, it would update one or two apps, then freeze again, but it eventually worked.

:frustrated:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

For those of you who don't have Siri(like me), Google just did a major update to their search app. including a much better voice search option! 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

It is nice being able to post pics to the paug directly from my iPhone.

mattstick

Did not know we could do that!

Check out these Pigeons in the subway

rowjimmy

Woah! Pidgeons!

New feature shows its worth!

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on October 30, 2012, 08:24:43 PM
Did not know we could do that!

Check out these Pigeons in the subway

Quote from: mattstick on October 30, 2012, 09:41:37 PM

Man, I'd really been wondering what those album covers pigeons looked like...

:wink:

VDB

Quote from: antelope19 on October 30, 2012, 04:44:47 PM
For those of you who don't have Siri(like me), Google just did a major update to their search app. including a much better voice search option!

Siri has basically not been working for me at all recently, anyone else?
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

These are pigeons, indoors, underground, in the subway.

How did they get there?

Were they trying to avoid the bad weather?

How did they know which train to take?

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on October 31, 2012, 09:25:44 AM

These are pigeons, indoors, underground, in the subway.

How did they get there?

Were they trying to avoid the bad weather?

How did they know which train to take?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Mind = Blown

PIE-GUY

Pigeons are rats with feathers. They belong in the subways.

Obvious post is obvious.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul