News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on September 03, 2013, 03:37:22 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 03, 2013, 12:31:52 PM
9/10 event is official.

Please don't make the new "feature" a bunch of colorful shell options a la the early iMacs...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

The iPhone 4 has similar specs to those colorful iMacs.

The rumor has the "cheap" iPhone 5C coming in many colors, and the new 5S coming in "champagne gold" in addition to black and white.

I'm hoping they ship right away and I can have one before the end of the month.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on September 03, 2013, 10:09:06 PM
I'm hoping they ship right away and I can have one before the end of the month.

This.
My 4 is pretty much done.

antelope19

My 4 has slowed a little, but that'll happen when you have a phone for 2.5 years.  Honestly, if this update is as yawntastic as everyone is saying, I may just trade in my 4 get the 5 for super cheap.  That alone will be a pretty big upgrade over my current model. 

TBD
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: antelope19 on September 04, 2013, 10:20:34 AM
My 4 has slowed a little, but that'll happen when you have a phone for 2.5 years.  Honestly, if this update is as yawntastic as everyone is saying, I may just trade in my 4 get the 5 for super cheap.  That alone will be a pretty big upgrade over my current model. 

TBD

Time for an upgrade here too, waiting for this to go through so I can get the 5 on the cheap. I already have an iPod Classic and an iPad, why the fuck not an iPhone as well? Whether it is the newest model or not isn't really a concern, that I can drive everything for all devices out of iTunes is my major concern.

Apple is great, the fact that they haven't gone the route of removable storage for their phones is stupid, and their phone cameras could be better, but I really do like my Apple products.

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

sls.stormyrider

don't feel the need for one, but got a good offer from gazelle for my 4S. It probably makes sense to just do it now.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on September 04, 2013, 10:11:14 PM

TBD

Time for an upgrade here too, waiting for this to go through so I can get the 5 on the cheap. I already have an iPod Classic and an iPad, why the fuck not an iPhone as well? Whether it is the newest model or not isn't really a concern, that I can drive everything for all devices out of iTunes is my major concern.

Apple is great, the fact that they haven't gone the route of removable storage for their phones is stupid, and their phone cameras could be better, but I really do like my Apple products.

Why would I want removable storage? Memory cards just get lost. Besides, the cloud has all my stuff (except my music because I don't use iTunes Match.)
I can sync my iphone without plugging it in to my computer... hell from different parts of the house. and If I used iTunes Match, I could get all my songs anywhere without a wire.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 05, 2013, 07:29:54 AM
Quote from: gainesvillegreen on September 04, 2013, 10:11:14 PM

TBD

Why would I want removable storage? Memory cards just get lost. Besides, the cloud has all my stuff (except my music because I don't use iTunes Match.)
I can sync my iphone without plugging it in to my computer... hell from different parts of the house. and If I used iTunes Match, I could get all my songs anywhere without a wire.

Wile I don't disagree with you from a functionality standpoint, it pisses me off how much Apple charges for internal flash memory in their devices.

mattstick

rowjimmy

antelope19

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on September 05, 2013, 11:17:37 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 05, 2013, 10:04:42 AM
Quote from: mattstick on September 05, 2013, 09:59:32 AM

External storage for iOS:

http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/wireless/wireless-plus/

I have one of these. It's awesome.

wow!  I didn't know that existed. 

:starts christmas list:

Picture this:
Family in minivan, all looking at a portable device, either iphone or kindle fire. All watching a different video streaming wirelessly to their device from this hdd sitting beside me, in the driver's seat peacefully napping thanks to the quiet children.

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 06, 2013, 07:55:10 AM

http://www.seagate.com/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/wireless/wireless-plus/

Picture this:
Family in minivan, all looking at a portable device, either iphone or kindle fire. All watching a different video streaming wirelessly to their device from this hdd sitting beside me, in the driver's seat peacefully napping thanks to the quiet children.

That sounds like bliss. Added to xmaslist.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

Picture this:

antelope19

Picture this:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard