News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Guitar pedals... good deal?

Started by MiamiPhish, August 09, 2008, 10:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiamiPhish

Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying, from craigslist, a Boss dd-6 (delay pedal) and a Boss tu-2 (chromatic tuner pedal) together for $100..

that's a good deal isn't it?

G. Augusto

That's a good deal.
I have the TU-2 and the DD-5.
a

MiamiPhish

How do they affect the tone?  Is it noticeable?

Marmar

delay shouldn't affect tone...neither should a tuner.....

I mean, you can twiddle with the delay to get a fatter sound, but it shouldn't affect your tone at all.....unl;ess the pedal has a tone control, but even then, it's not going to affect your dry signal....the tone *should* only effectively alter the tone of the delayed feed.....

but then again, any stompbox will degrade signal....unless it has a true hardwired bypass....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Gumbo72203

thats a shit fucking good deal.  The TU-2 alone is almost $100. 

They won't affect your tone.  Just make sure they're in your effects loop.  Delays belong last, except for modulation pedals like phasers and flangers, unless you're specifically looking for a delayed phaser sound.  Theres a huge difference between Guitar > Phaser > Delay > Amp and Guitar > Delay > Phaser > Amp. 

the only thing you'll notice is some signal buzz, but that can be eliminated by using the boss NS-2 noise suppressor. 

whats your guitar setup?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

MiamiPhish

quite a delay there gumbo, haha.
My setup is..

American deluxe fat strat > Tube Screamer > DD6 > CryBaby > Fender Reverb Deluxe

I actually don't have the wah plugged in, but those are the pedals I have to work with right now.