News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Decemberists Thread

Started by shoreline99, September 02, 2008, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Multibeast12

I've been looking at this for a while now and decided i have to do this.

That Russian group was pretty solid. Not Particularly my favorite part in Russian History but it's better then say..........Brechnev Era Soviet Union.

nab

New Summer Dates

*Big Sky Brewery Missoula, MT 07-22*

Can't wait

Decemberists, followed by Phish at the Gorge.  Sounds like 2009 all over again.  Lets hope both shows are as good.

http://decemberists.tickets.musictoday.com/Decemberists/calendar.aspx?utm_source=The+Decemberists&utm_campaign=7d1ee8a56b-The_Decemberists_News_11_26_0911_26_2009&utm_medium=email&utm_source=The+Decemberists&utm_campaign=720a2261bb-The_Decemberists_News_11_26_0911_26_2009&utm_medium=email
Other Dates:

QuoteEvent Date   Venue   Venue/State   Status
4/21/2011   Benedum Center for the Performing Arts    Pittsburgh,PA    PreSale Closed
4/23/2011   Lifestyle Communities Pavilion    Columbus,OH    PreSale Closed
4/26/2011   Iroquois Park Amphitheater    Louisville,KY    PreSale Closed
4/27/2011   The Pageant    Saint Louis,MO    PreSale Closed
4/29/2011   House of Blues - Dallas    Dallas,TX    PreSale Closed
4/30/2011   Stubb's Bar-B-Q    Austin,TX    PreSale Closed
5/02/2011   Cobb Energy Centre    Atlanta,GA    PreSale Closed
5/29/2011   Les Schwab Amphitheatre    Bend,OR    PreSale Closed
6/11/2011   Raleigh Amphitheater    Raleigh,NC    PreSale Closed
6/13/2011   Merriweather Post Pavilion    Columbia,MD    PreSale Closed
6/14/2011   Prospect Park    Brooklyn,NY    PreSale Closed
6/15/2011   Historic Philadelphia Academy Of Music    Philadelphia,PA    PreSale Closed
7/20/2011   Idaho Botanical Gardens    BOISE,ID    On Sale Now
7/22/2011   Big Sky Brewery    Missoula,MT    On Sale Now
7/25/2011   Aragon Ballroom    Chicago,IL    On Sale Now
7/26/2011   Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica    Cleveland,OH    On Sale Now
7/27/2011   Interlochen Center for the Arts - Kresge Auditorium    Interlochen,MI    On Sale Now
7/29/2011   Borgata Event Center    Atlantic City,NJ    On Sale Now
8/01/2011   Artpark    Lewiston,NY    On Sale Now
8/03/2011   nTelos Wireless Pavilion    Charlottesville,VA    On Sale Now
8/04/2011   Riverbend Music Center    Cincinnati,OH    On Sale Now
8/05/2011   The Lawn at White River State Park    Indianapolis,IN    On Sale Now
8/08/2011   Stubb's Bar-B-Q    Austin,TX    On Sale Now
8/11/2011   Mesa Arts Center - Ikeda Theater    Mesa,AZ    PreSale Closed

mistercharlie

Colin Meloy played at the Newport Folk Festival a few weeks ago and played a few new songs, they're pretty good. During the set Black Prarie (the bluegrass band that is the Decemberists minus Meloy) came out and joined him for a few songs. NPR has the set streaming.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/204518144/colin-meloy-live-in-concert-newport-folk-2013
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-decemberists-will-play-first-headlining-concert-in-3-years-20140305
QuoteThe Decemberists haven't played a headlining concert since August 2011, but they're shaking off the rust in support of a great cause: On Friday, May 30th, the eclectic folk-rock band will present "V Is For Victory," a benefit concert raising funds for an Oregon school for autistic students.

The band will perform the entirety of their debut LP, 2002's Castaways and Cutouts, along with other "sentimental favorites." The show will be held at the Crystall Ballroom in Portland, kicking off at 8 p.m. local time; indie-rocker Sallie Ford will open.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-decemberists-will-play-first-headlining-concert-in-3-years-20140305#ixzz2vDnnxtI5
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

rowjimmy

nab

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 06, 2014, 07:10:30 PM
I would like to see that.

Me too.  Hopefully a tape will make the rounds.

Caravan2001

The Crystal will probably be jam packed for that (if people still like the Decemberists).  My father-in-law built this insane guitar rack/display thing for Colin Meloy at his house that fills a whole wall and fits like 25 guitars and is basically a big giant enclosed showcase that is climate controlled and super pimp.  I need to have him build me one once I hit it big!  Colin Meloy has a son that is special needs so I am guessing they are involved in the school that the benefit is for....

rowjimmy

I'm sure that enough people care about the band or the cause to fill that gig.

I wasn't aware of Colin's son but they've got a decent track record of doing good things for people & orgs. so, either way I'm not surprised by this. It is certainly about thine the band got back onstage.

I'd just love to see them perform Castaways & Cutouts. What a great album.

* rowjimmy adds another to the queue.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 08, 2014, 12:21:25 AM

I wasn't aware of Colin's son but they've got a decent track record of doing good things for people & orgs. so, either way I'm not surprised by this. It is certainly about thine the band got back onstage.

Show is sold out...I checked for fun, not that I would go.  And I probably get in through burmesepython if I wanted to.  Website also says they are doing a new album.  My experience with the Decemberists (beyond videos and things) is limited to the only album I have which is the Crane Wife.  I will check out C&C on your reco....

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 08, 2014, 01:19:46 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 08, 2014, 12:21:25 AM

Show is sold out...I checked for fun, not that I would go.  And I probably get in through burmesepython if I wanted to.  Website also says they are doing a new album.  My experience with the Decemberists (beyond videos and things) is limited to the only album I have which is the Crane Wife.  I will check out C&C on your reco....

Also check out The King Is Dead and make sure you get it's companion EP, Long Live The King. It has the Rowjimmy cover on it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

And get this triple vinyl: "We All Raise Our Voices To The Air (Live Songs 04.11-08.11)"

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

shoreline99

Looks like the band will be making a guest appearance on Parks and Recreation...

http://t.co/cVvd5qoWM8
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

shoreline99

Tickets are now on sale for the second "V is for Victory" benefit concert at Crystal Ballroom on May 29th:
Standard - http://bit.ly/Victory5-29tix
VIP - http://bit.ly/Victory5-29vip

VIP tickets include early entrance to the show, a pre-show reception with the band (with light food and drink served), and a special limited-edition signed poster.

rowjimmy

New album in January, pre-sale now and a new video with Nick Offerman which is amusing.

I like the song.

shoreline99

Decemberists show added - September 24th at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester.

Limited pre-sale tickets are available now and the public on sale is this Friday, July 31 at noon ET.

Fan club presale link: http://www.decemberists.com/?event=51193

I'm in, who else can make it for beers pre show?