News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Big Lebowski Thread

Started by MiamiPhish, September 19, 2008, 09:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that this fucking strumpet...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Igbo

Rabbit Cream

god dammit this thread is making me want a nice cold white russian right now.
Sa-Da-Tay

Mr Minor

So late night a few weeks back I am flipping through the channels and the Dude is on TV.  I watch it for a second, even though it's edited because it's the Dude.  It's the scene where they go to Larry's house and smash up the car.

The edited version, and I was dying when I heard it, Walter says:

"Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps, Larry?  Do you see what happens when you feed a farmer scrambled eggs, Larry?"

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Mr Minor on July 12, 2011, 02:07:26 PM
So late night a few weeks back I am flipping through the channels and the Dude is on TV.  I watch it for a second, even though it's edited because it's the Dude.  It's the scene where they go to Larry's house and smash up the car.

"Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps, Larry?  Do you see what happens when you feed a farmer scrambled eggs, Larry?"

I've watched the edited Lebowski on Comedy Central... Jesus never even makes an appearance. He is completely edited out of the movie... which is hilarious!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

I've seen that version, I liked when Jackie Treehorn asks The Dude if he'd like another white russian. In the regular version The Dude's answer is 'Does the pope shit in the woods?', but in that edited version he say's 'Sure, John Fogertty would.' alluding to The Dude's love of CCR.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 12, 2011, 04:29:31 PM

I've seen that version, I liked when Jackie Treehorn asks The Dude if he'd like another white russian. In the regular version The Dude's answer is 'Does the pope shit in the woods?', but in that edited version he say's 'Sure, John Fogertty would.' alluding to The Dude's love of CCR.

I forgetting love old-school nonsensical tv edits.  blurring and bleeping is lame. 

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

kellerb

why have I never seen the fisher king

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on July 12, 2011, 06:45:45 PM
why have I never seen the fisher king
There is no good excuse as to why you haven't seen it. It's got Jeff Bridges and Robin Williams and was directed by Terry Gilliam. And it lifts themes from Don Quixote, what more could you want?

mistercharlie

barnesy305

I've also heard an edited that says fight a stranger in the grass.

westcider

Smokey's bluegrass band, The Wronglers, came through town a couple weeks ago.  My buddy John got his picture taken...

kellerb

Quote from: westcider on July 12, 2011, 09:17:38 PM
Smokey's bluegrass band, The Wronglers, came through town a couple weeks ago.  My buddy John got his picture taken...

I've heard smokey has a cover of Ripple on an album somewhere but I haven't tracked it down yet.