News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UncleEbinezer

Well, I was good to go until Saturday.  I had a "disagreement" with my wife and broke down.  Then on Sunday I was a lame-o pussy ass and smoked while I was golfing.  Fortunately, by the end of the day the smokes were gone and I was able to get back on the wagon. 

Current status,
2/17, 2/18, 2/19 smoke free
2/20 and 2/21 I was a little bitch, however I did not smoke 1 bit while drinking Saturday night (quite a bit I might add)
2/22 and thus far smoke free

That's where I am right now.  Kind of pissed that I broke down this weekend, but also excited that I have not smoked 5 out of 7 days.  I will keep posting out here, just did not want it to be my personal blog.  I mean, really, how could I keep up with Soph?   :-D
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mattstick

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 23, 2010, 01:56:33 PM
Well, I was good to go until Saturday.  I had a "disagreement" with my wife and broke down.
this sounds like a perfect excuse. tell the wife you MUST get your way - if she disagrees with you, that might force you to have a cig
:-)

Edit - great work, keep it going
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 23, 2010, 01:56:33 PM
Well, I was good to go until Saturday.  I had a "disagreement" with my wife and broke down.  Then on Sunday I was a lame-o pussy ass and smoked while I was golfing.  Fortunately, by the end of the day the smokes were gone and I was able to get back on the wagon. 

Current status,
2/17, 2/18, 2/19 smoke free
2/20 and 2/21 I was a little bitch, however I did not smoke 1 bit while drinking Saturday night (quite a bit I might add)
2/22 and thus far smoke free

That's where I am right now.  Kind of pissed that I broke down this weekend, but also excited that I have not smoked 5 out of 7 days.  I will keep posting out here, just did not want it to be my personal blog.  I mean, really, how could I keep up with Soph?   :-D

Not smoking while drinking  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: congrats, that's the hardest part of the battle!!!

After being almost smoke free for a year, I still had a moment of weakness this weekend and drank too much and wanted a smoke way too bad....I did not give into it though :) It was 2 days of wanting a smoke but when I woke up Monday morning and didn't have a cigarette hangover I was so happy I didn't give in.

Keep up the good work!!!

thatfargone

Don't make excuses, I used my Dad's passing as a reason to start again. After the inital shock of everything I probably could have put them down again and then just made one excuse after the next (gotta deal with the estate = smoke etc. etc.) and soon enough I was smoking again.  It's all just excuses.  Get rid of them.  If you make them now, you will always make them.  This is EXACTLY why I think cold turkey will not work for me again.  I make excuses and justify them in my head.  When I quit with patches, it helps get past those decision/excuse points.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

UncleEbinezer

I was making excuses for years and even did over the weekend.

So today I have passed the 3 day mark again.  So far so good.  Feeling fine and although I have some minor thoughts of smoking, nothing too serious. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 25, 2010, 09:34:32 AM

So today I have passed the 3 day mark again.  So far so good.  Feeling fine and although I have some minor thoughts of smoking, nothing too serious.

:clap:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

postjack

people in the process of quitting are never fully aware of the insane addictive power of nicotine. :) lots of "whistling in the dark" is what I mean.

don't let it fool you! you might be doing fine after a few days/weeks, but the giant is just sleeping and getting stronger. do not underestimate your foe! he will be back to cause a mental twist that totally screws you over.

just my experience, ymmv, etc.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

guyforget

great! 

so, now you should stop looking at it as a "work in progress," and make it a done deal in your head. 

you are no longer "trying to quit smoking."  you have just quit.  its over, walk away. 

-AD_

khalpin

Quote from: guyforget on February 25, 2010, 11:30:47 AM

great! 

so, now you should stop looking at it as a "work in progress," and make it a done deal in your head. 

you are no longer "trying to quit smoking."  you have just quit.  its over, walk away.
Do, or do not.  There is no try.

UncleEbinezer

New report...

Today was day #8 with no smokes.  Still have my cravings from time to time.  Still grab a chewing stick which helps.

This is the second longest streak ever.  I had a 14 day stint when I very first started this journey 3 years ago.  Yeah, pretty ridiculous I know. 

So far so good.

postjack

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on March 01, 2010, 07:52:47 PM
New report...

Today was day #8 with no smokes.  Still have my cravings from time to time.  Still grab a chewing stick which helps.

This is the second longest streak ever.  I had a 14 day stint when I very first started this journey 3 years ago.  Yeah, pretty ridiculous I know. 

So far so good.

:rawk:
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

JPhishman

This shit is too funny I just have to post it.

Nice job UncleEb.... keep it up!  :clap:

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

blatboom

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."