News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

k, i've begun the final solution.
A. quit coffee & all caffeine first.
B. once acclimated, start  nicotine detox.

i know this is my only hope.
unfortunately i am an uber addict on all fronts.
i know this.
so, its gotta be the caffeine first.
don't ask me why, it just does.
i'm going to have to detox with my one cup for the next few mornings til i adjust, then cold turkey.
most substances i need about 4 days to clear a level of dosage.

holy shit do i have a migrain comin' on. :-o :frustrated:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Lifeboy

I don't know what I would do without my coffee.

me=

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

VA $l!m

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 23, 2011, 07:17:59 PM
I don't know what I would do without my coffee.

me=

that's the point. i'm a crackhead and it is destroying my health. i honestly would go to a rehab for just caffeine and nicotine if i could afford it. no lie.

Lifeboy

I feel ya, dude. I honestly probably need some kind of program/rehab to quit dipping and drinking coffee
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

VA $l!m

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 23, 2011, 07:36:01 PM
I feel ya, dude. I honestly probably need some kind of program/rehab to quit dipping and drinking coffee
i'm not your typical coffee drinker or cigarette smoker
it all depends on if you can't manage your life because of what you choose to put in your body.
unfortunately i have been living the last 500 days in a row with excruciating pain 24/7 in my spine and nerves.
i'm such an addict that i still do things that  i can physically feel hurting me as i do them.

gah

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 23, 2011, 07:41:21 PM
it all depends on if you can't manage your life because of what you choose to put in your body.
unfortunately i have been living the last 500 days in a row with excruciating pain 24/7 in my spine and nerves.
i'm such an addict that i still do things that  i can physically feel hurting me as i do them.

good luck buddy! you got this!  :samurai:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VA $l!m

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 24, 2011, 10:01:46 AM

day 2, one cup.
i'm stoked and focused. the amount of pressure relief of my discs and nerves i got last night just from cutting down one day was unreal.

Gundo

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 24, 2011, 11:40:23 AM

day 2, one cup.
i'm stoked and focused. the amount of pressure relief of my discs and nerves i got last night just from cutting down one day was unreal.
it will be interesting to see how things are going on day 14. That's usually about my time frame. I always feel great for a few days after i decide to stop smoking, but I always come crawling back. Can't say the same for my drinking.
Keep us updated.

VA $l!m

Quote from: PleasedDog on October 24, 2011, 01:28:41 PM

day 2, one cup.
it will be interesting to see how things are going on day 14. That's usually about my time frame. I always feel great for a few days after i decide to stop smoking, but I always come crawling back. Can't say the same for my drinking.
Keep us updated.

honestly i'm trying to not even think about the smoking right now. just figured i could use this thread for the caffeine too. FWIW, i don't expect anybody to care, it jus helps me to talk about it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 24, 2011, 01:58:25 PM

day 2, one cup.
Keep us updated.

honestly i'm trying to not even think about the smoking right now. just figured i could use this thread for the caffeine too. FWIW, i don't expect anybody to care, it jus helps me to talk about it.

Talk it up.
I gave up habitual caffeine use in January of 2010 and it was tough. With that I began drinking a ton more water which, I feel, greatly improved my health.

6 months or so ago, I started drinking coffee daily again. My health has declined and I hate it.
As of today, caffeine is out.

Gundo

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 24, 2011, 02:23:04 PM

day 2, one cup.
Keep us updated.

Talk it up.
I gave up habitual caffeine use in January of 2010 and it was tough. With that I began drinking a ton more water which, I feel, greatly improved my health.

6 months or so ago, I started drinking coffee daily again. My health has declined and I hate it.
Slim, you're an inspiration to us all.

Buffalo Budd

How much coffee are we talking 'cause I can't see how a cup or 2 a day has any negative impact on your health.  Now if it is triggering your smoking, than that is more problematic.

I have slipped up a couple of times since quitting smoking but am still determined to lick this.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

day 2, one cup.
Keep us updated.

Talk it up.

werd.

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 24, 2011, 03:24:01 PM
How much coffee are we talking 'cause I can't see how a cup or 2 a day has any negative impact on your health.  Now if it is triggering your smoking, than that is more problematic.

I have slipped up a couple of times since quitting smoking but am still determined to lick this.

i could go into details but they are rather disgusting. just trust me, its a miracle i'm even alive as i type, and caffeine is detrimental to my multiple conditions. i am in no way saying a normal healthy person should necessarily be negatively impacted by caffeine.

Buffalo Budd

I hear ya Slim, +K for giving it up then.  Sounds like your body has been telling you to for awhile.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

McGrupp

day 2, one cup.
Keep us updated.

Talk it up.

I'll drink coffee once or twice a month. Caffeine makes me feel like shit.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?