News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mac Tablet!!! ~ iPad Thread

Started by rowjimmy, July 28, 2009, 12:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Right on.
After talking with another friend, I think 200MB may not be enough...  :| Although it probably would be enough for my wife.

mattstick

200MB is a lot of email/web pages.

But streaming audio is nice.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on June 02, 2010, 03:31:47 PM

200MB is a lot of email/web pages.

But streaming audio is nice.

I kind of have an internet problem...

/have you seen my postcount?

mattstick

We're all f***ed if you can start posting from the train.

Also, impulse iTunes Store purchases are just part of the luxury of owning an iPhone.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on June 02, 2010, 03:35:36 PM

We're all f***ed if you can start posting from the train.

Also, impulse iTunes Store purchases are just part of the luxury of owning an iPhone.

Yep...

mattstick

The iPad desperately needs an iOS4 update.

mattstick

As if you needed another reason to buy an iPad - VLC has an iPad app, which allows you to load any video files onto the device and play them back in VLC.

Perfectly terrible timing, considering I've spent the last few months converting video files into m4v with the intention of playing them on the iPad.

mattstick

Buffalo Budd

Looks like an accident waiting to happen.  :-D

Still cool tho.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

I got a 32gb 3G a couple weeks ago.....posting from it now...thing is pretty dope,  I have hardly turned on my laptop since getting it.....my touch got ripped off so i snagged it....miss the ability to put the touch in my pocket, but the display on the ipad is rad....

rowjimmy

QuoteApple's AT&T exclusivity has officially ended, at least as far as the iPad is concerned. Because at the end of this month, the tablet is coming to Verizon.

Verizon's iPad appears to be the same model as AT&T carries, which means that for 3G access you'll have to purchase a bundle with a Verizon MiFi mobile hotspot. Pricing seems competitive: an 16GB Wi-Fi iPad bundled with MiFi will cost $630, 32GB Wi-Fi iPad + MiFi will be $730, and 64GB Wi-Fi iPad plus MiFi will be $830. The MiFi data plan will apparently offer up to 1GB of data for $20/month, no contract required.

Wi-Fi only models will also be sold, and while pricing for those hasn't been announced yet it's hard to imagine that it'd be appreciably different from AT&T's offering. There's no mention in the release of if or when you can preorder, although you can "sign up for more information" here.

It's not all bad news for AT&T; Apple's incumbent carrier will begin selling the iPad in its own stores on October 28th as well. Although this does seems to lend even more credence to those early 2011 Verizon iPhone reports, which should make you as happy as it makes AT&T nervous.

QuoteVerizon Wireless Offers iPad at Stores Nationwide on October 28
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. & CUPERTINO, Calif.—(BUSINESS WIRE)— Verizon Wireless and Apple® today announced that iPad™ will be available at over 2,000 Verizon Wireless Stores nationwide beginning Thursday, October 28. Verizon Wireless will offer three bundles, all featuring an iPad Wi-Fi model and a Verizon MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot, for a suggested retail price of $629.99 for iPad Wi-Fi 16GB + MiFi, $729.99 for iPad Wi-Fi 32GB + MiFi and $829.99 for iPad Wi-Fi 64GB + MiFi. Verizon Wireless is offering a monthly access plan to iPad customers of up to 1GB of data for just $20 a month. In addition, Verizon Wireless will also offer all three iPad Wi-Fi models on a stand-alone basis.
"This is the perfect pairing for holiday travels," said John Stratton, chief operating officer for Verizon Wireless. "iPad together with the nation's largest and most reliable 3G data network allows customers to easily connect on the go wherever they are."
"We're thrilled to be working with Verizon Wireless to get iPad into the hands of even more customers this holiday season," said Tim Cook, Apple's COO. "iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before, and together with Verizon Wireless we're offering an easy way to stay connected wherever you go."
iPad allows users to browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad's revolutionary Multi-Touch™ user interface. iPad Wi-Fi models are just 0.5 inches thick and weigh just 1.5 pounds-thinner and lighter than any laptop or netbook-and deliver up to 10 hours of battery life.*
Apple's App Store℠ offers iPad users access to the world's largest catalog of apps with over 280,000 apps and more than 30,000 iPad specific apps in 20 categories, including games, business, news, sports, health, reference and travel. With Apple's iBookstore℠, the best way to browse, buy and read books on a mobile device, iPad users have access to more than 100,000 books from major and independent publishers.
MiFi 2200 is small enough to fit in a pocket and allows customers to create a personal Wi-Fi cloud capable of sharing the high-speed Internet connectivity of the Verizon Wireless 3G Mobile Broadband network with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices. The MiFi 2200's rechargeable battery provides up to four hours of active use and 40 hours of standby time on a single charge.
Customers can sign up for more information on Apple's iPad together with Verizon Wireless' MiFi 2200 at www.verizonwireless.com/iPad, at any Verizon Wireless Communications Store or by calling 1-800-2 JOIN IN.
*Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

antelope19

Just saw the ipad-verizon commercial!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Caravan2001

A good friend of mine has been on tour with Roger Waters, last night was the last night of the US tour...check out what Roger gave to the whole crew-- so rad!