News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/30 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, July 31, 2009, 01:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Super solid tour opener last night, with Stash and Ghost being the obvious highlights.

RR is fahking AMAZING, I hate to say it but it really does pwn the Gorge

Looks like today is going to be perfect weather after it was a little chilly last night.

Wilson opener tonight, and I'm calling a big Gin too!

Oh yeah, Page was a little low in the mix from the PA, hopefully they turn him up a bit tonight.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

disco

Set 2 was stellar. That ghost was superb. Mike's groove was nice and tight. They seemed a bit nervous for set 1. But after introducing MR Gordon twice to start set 2 it was on. They were pretty tight and excited for that set 2. THREE MORE!!!!!!!!
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

nab

Quote from: disco on July 31, 2009, 12:55:14 PM
Set 2 was stellar. That ghost was superb. Mike's groove was nice and tight. They seemed a bit nervous for set 1. But after introducing MR Gordon twice to start set 2 it was on. They were pretty tight and excited for that set 2. THREE MORE!!!!!!!!

Like the picture of the little man sporting the cape.

Undermind

I'm not a big Dave Vann fan, but here are his pictures from last night.  Page looks super goofy in one about halfway down.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/19095/Phish-07.30-Red-Rocks-Day-1
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

khalpin

sprobeck

Quote from: Sophist on July 31, 2009, 11:16:39 AM
Captain obvious checking in here, but this show > leg I.  

The ghost is the best jizzzzzzsam of 3.0  

+1
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

okelnard

Quote from: Undermind on July 31, 2009, 01:19:26 PM
I'm not a big Dave Vann fan, but here are his pictures from last night.  Page looks super goofy in one about halfway down.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/19095/Phish-07.30-Red-Rocks-Day-1

I do like the last two pics in that series... Nice fairly uncluttered stage w/ the band and not much else but phat jams...
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

jedifunk

my quick .02....

STASH = inspired!

mikes was hot lots for sure, don't be fooled... but the ghost > wolfmans was DEEP!  like 98 style... for real... there was funk, rock, some good spacey shit...

page was laying down the spacey essences... just good stuff all around.. if you liked alpine, this was an upgrade!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Bobafett

i've only listened through Poor Heart, but the sound quality is much better, i think.  Also, the Wedge was pretty right on, not that its a hard song to play, but you could feel the band was really enjoying their time back in God's country.  Now, back to work.  gotta put them ribs on boy!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

WhatstheUse?

HOT DAMN! I've only listened to D-Sky so far, but I'm loving these reviews coming in!

I also agree that the LP SBDs are def sounding much better than the 1st leg!

WOOHOO! :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

redrum

overall a very solid show that we thoroughly enjoyed from top to bottom.
it left me feeling confident that this leg will start to feel more like THE PHISH.

got some great pics and flipvideo to share but our hotel internet is too slow.
stay tuned..
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: redrum on July 31, 2009, 02:27:05 PM
it left me feeling confident that this leg will start to feel more like THE PHISH.

This is what I love to hear!  :banana:
Bring in the dude!

Undermind

Quote from: redrum on July 31, 2009, 02:27:05 PM

got some great pics and flipvideo to share but our hotel internet is too slow.
stay tuned..

Cool.  It sucks your wifi is slow.  Is this the 21st century?!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

ytowndan

I'm just getting started (only on Ocelot), but I definitely agree with the comments about the LPs sounding better. 

Can't wait to hear this Stash and Ghost. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.