News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/30 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, July 31, 2009, 01:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhishPhan

VDB

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 31, 2009, 03:22:02 PM
Ghost was good, but I guess I'm not quite as impressed with it as some others seem to be.

I've only given it one listen-through right now, but so far I like the Asheville Ghost better. We'll see how I feel after closer inspection.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: VoodooBrew on July 31, 2009, 04:52:40 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 31, 2009, 03:22:02 PM
Ghost was good, but I guess I'm not quite as impressed with it as some others seem to be.

I've only given it one listen-through right now, but so far I like the Asheville Ghost better. We'll see how I feel after closer inspection.

Last night's is a good one. It and Asheville are decidedly different creatures.

redrum

Quote from: whatapiper on July 31, 2009, 04:16:26 PM
My lady loved it, we were 31st row then after d sky she wanted to get closer, in 5 min she txted me to come 5th row fish side, about 1/3 the way in, amazing spot!...

now my wife wants to see all four nights, I tried, bit she didn't get it before. Alpine she took it all in and last night she bumped us to 5th row,
danced her azz off and woke up this morning wanting more, ladies and genteleman, phish crack

LOVE IT.  :beers:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

ytowndan

Just finished my first listen. 

Set one was pretty average I guess.  Stash was dope, though.  Like someone else pointed out earlier, I almost forgot that I was listening to "3.0 Phish".   :-D

Set two was really good.  The Mike's was pretty rough in the ending, as well as the transition into Hydrogen, but other than that it was pretty well played.  The Ghost was the definite highlight of the second set for me.  It's probably my favorite jam of 3.0 so far.  It went real out there, but stayed coherent and focused, and it had a lot of substance to it (rather than just feeling like an empty, emotionless jam).  The Wolfman's had a great groove to it as well, and kept the energy going.  It definitely was a nice combo.  Also, it's nice to see that Billy Breathes got dusted off, too.  It was played rather well considering they haven't played it since summer '03.  Coil was nice, but they sure do love faking us out with it lately.  Bowie was a nice way to cap off a solid set two.  Loving Cup is what it is, and it works nice for the encore slot. 

Overall, it was pretty damn solid for an opener.  I think that says a lot for the second leg of the tour.   :wtu:

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Undermind

Quote from: ytowndan on July 31, 2009, 05:19:47 PM
Just finished my first listen. 

Set one was pretty average I guess.  Stash was dope, though.  Like someone else pointed out earlier, I almost forgot that I was listening to "3.0 Phish".   :-D

Set two was really good.  The Mike's was pretty rough in the ending, as well as the transition into Hydrogen, but other than that it was pretty well played.  The Ghost was the definite highlight of the second set for me.  It's probably my favorite jam of 3.0 so far.  It went real out there, but stayed coherent and focused, and it had a lot of substance to it (rather than just feeling like an empty, emotionless jam).  The Wolfman's had a great groove to it as well, and kept the energy going.  It definitely was a nice combo.  Also, it's nice to see that Billy Breathes got dusted off, too.  It was played rather well considering they haven't played it since summer '03.  Coil was nice, but they sure do love faking us out with it lately.  Bowie was a nice way to cap off a solid set two.  Loving Cup is what it is, and it works nice for the encore slot. 

Overall, it was pretty damn solid for an opener.  I think that says a lot for the second leg of the tour.   :wtu:

Zactly
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

kellerb

I believe the jam/tease in wolfman's incorporates Louie Louie chords:  I IV iv IV.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: ytowndan on July 31, 2009, 05:19:47 PM

Agreed!  :banana:
Bring in the dude!

mehead

still in the middle of my first listen - went straight for 2nd set...agree w/ RJ - RR and Asheville ghosts are completely different but prefer RR....nice transition into wolfman's
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mbw

just made it through the first set
wow!
good stuff imo, lots of energy coming from trey especially
even horn and horse>silent have an extra oomph
and the possum ripped
on to set II  :-)

Wolfmansbrother

Listening to Poor Heart reminds me of the tightness of '93 phish (trey specifically)...seriously
Oh and Stash was phenomenal!

whatapiper

the energy was amazing, you could tell that everyone had been waiting for these shows. I HEARD about only two tix sold, both for $150, the going rate I guess.  Ocelot was fun, everyone was really groovin to this one and the wedge! Everyone was stoked. The vibe was amazing, most rows were two deep and no one cared, not even those who tarped. Tonight I'm sure will really open things up, hopefully they continue to build this tour
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Gumbo72203

while i'm downloading, can people give a DESCRIPTION of what the songs were like?  I'm talking more of the jam songs...  WHAT was the Stash like?  WHAT was the Ghost like?  Don't tell me it was awesome.  Thats subjective.  That helps not at all in attempting to discern the objective substance inherent in the song-object being the focus of said inquiry. 

kthanxbai
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mbw

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 31, 2009, 11:14:34 PM
while i'm downloading, can people give a DESCRIPTION of what the songs were like?  I'm talking more of the jam songs...  WHAT was the Stash like?  WHAT was the Ghost like?  Don't tell me it was awesome.  Thats subjective.  That helps not at all in attempting to discern the objective substance inherent in the song-object being the focus of said inquiry. 

kthanxbai

uhhhh, theres another show going on now.  your dl will prolly be done by then.