News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

guyforget

oh man, thats awesome.  avatar worthy. 
-AD_

mattstick

Here are more pics, without the watermarks.

guyforget

so at what point did dude hit the ground and start crawling?  was he there when you rounded the last corner?  did he drop in front of you?  was he crawling for 3 meters or 30 meters? 

he did better than i could do, so no offense to the man, i just want to know what you were seeing as you made the final 100 meters. 
-AD_

GBL

He finished, so props to him..

Anyone ever remember seeing that video footage of the guy who did the Iron man competition, where his body totally broke down at the finish line?
He started shaking and fell over over about 20 feet from the finish line, he couldn't even walk.  When I 1st saw that video I thought he was having a stroke!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mattstick

Quote from: guyforget on October 01, 2009, 10:07:42 PM
so at what point did dude hit the ground and start crawling?  was he there when you rounded the last corner?  did he drop in front of you?  was he crawling for 3 meters or 30 meters? 

he did better than i could do, so no offense to the man, i just want to know what you were seeing as you made the final 100 meters.

I don't remember much (running on adreneline) but I do remember seeing him on the ground for a while, I'd guess he collapsed 5 - 10m from the end?

Imagine how he felt when he saw his finishing picture and I'm all up in it smiling with my arms in the air!

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

kellerb

Quote from: mattstick on October 02, 2009, 11:59:55 AM

Imagine how he felt when he saw his finishing picture and I'm all up in it smiling with my arms in the air!

<other guy>
DAMN YOU FAVREEEEEE!!! <mentally shakes fist in air>
</other guy>

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

well, the dude finished
to quote an ex Pres - I feel his pain

I remember the first marathon I ran, I passed a guy at about mile 21 or so.
He had big letters on the back of his shirt

DNR

best shirt I saw all day

(Do Not Resuscitate)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

ghost_2000

^^
One of the best I've seen said "3 months ago this seemed like a good idea."  But that DNR one is better!

Running a 10K this Saturday as a tuneup for my first full in 32 days in Indy. 

Check this story out:

http://deadspin.com/5376671/jerry-johncock-jury+rigs-johnson-while-jogging

sls.stormyrider

QuoteThis raises many troubling questions. One, who carries a spare catheter in their car? Two, who uses a catheter that he borrowed from a complete stranger on the street? Three, how much of a lazy ass do you feel like knowing that an 81-year-old man stopped for an invasive urinary tract procedure in the middle of a marathon and still finished in under four hours
:-D

good luck on your first full
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

aphineday

Today I'm purchasing my big fall item... the Garmin Forerunner 405CX... I'm so stoked. Will post a review a bit later for any interested.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

ghost_2000

Quote from: slslbs on October 07, 2009, 09:32:04 PM
QuoteThis raises many troubling questions. One, who carries a spare catheter in their car? Two, who uses a catheter that he borrowed from a complete stranger on the street? Three, how much of a lazy ass do you feel like knowing that an 81-year-old man stopped for an invasive urinary tract procedure in the middle of a marathon and still finished in under four hours
:-D

good luck on your first full

Thank you!  Last year I did the half (it's the Monumental in Indy on 11/7) and it was surprisingly mild.  I'm curious to see what the weather will be...in Indiana in November we could get anything. 

Another running item from Deadspin.  Two in one week?  Holy hell!

http://deadspin.com/5377608/fascists-sponsoring-marathons-now-apparently