News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Lifeboy

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 19, 2010, 10:48:13 PM
Quote from: LifeBoy (tipetoo) on March 19, 2010, 10:14:20 PM
800. Getting closer 1,000

post yer' balls off.

I'm going to try to get there by next Friday (my one year anniversary at the Paug)
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

susep

Quote from: LifeBoy (tipetoo) on March 19, 2010, 10:50:58 PM

post yer' balls off.

the setlist thread is good for post jacking or whatever ahhhhhh :-P
I'm going to try to get there by next Friday (my one year anniversary at the Paug)

have fun at the set list thread.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

StCarl

Quote from: susep73 on March 19, 2010, 10:55:03 PM

post yer' balls off.

Yeah.  It's too bad this isn't still the thread for random Colonel Sanders content.
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

Lifeboy

Quote from: StCarl on March 20, 2010, 12:02:58 AM
Quote from: susep73 on March 19, 2010, 10:55:03 PM

post yer' balls off.

Yeah.  It's too bad this isn't still the thread for random Colonel Sanders content.

Sorry sorry sorry. Wasn't trying to jack this thread yo.

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

sophist

New date added for Summer Tour.  7/2 Columbus, OH.   
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

thatfargone

Weird.  Furthur has announced for their 2 shows in Mt. Aire they will cover 6 Dead albums in their entirety.
http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/furthur-to-cover-dead-albums-at-festival/
5/29/2010

Set I: American Beauty
Set II: Workingman's Dead
Set III: Anthem of the Sun

5/30/2010

Set I: Blues for Allah
Set II: Axomoxoa
Set III: Terrapin Station

WOW!  I don't really know what to think of this.  Sure I am not too fond of the band, but is this something you Furthur fans actually want from a festival?  Hm...? :? 
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

mattstick

I would like that.

Superfreakie

I'd love to hear american beauty. they'd probably bring out a few guests for that, Larry Campbell for sure. worth the price of admission alone for me.

thatfargone

Kinda wondering how they are gonna approach it.  DSO style..and just play those songs or, try to recreate those albums as recorded.  Maybe a bit of both?

Anyhow, just found it interesting that they have, in essence, announced their entire setlists for the weekend.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

WhatstheUse?

weird indeed --- but I would kind of like to see it........

I'm guessing they'll be  pretty light on the jamz if they want to fit all those songs in....
Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Quote from: thatfargone on April 23, 2010, 04:09:09 PM
Kinda wondering how they are gonna approach it.  DSO style..and just play those songs or, try to recreate those albums as recorded.  Maybe a bit of both?

Anyhow, just found it interesting that they have, in essence, announced their entire setlists for the weekend.

they have already done this with Phil and Friends at the Warfield last year or the year before. I can't remember which albums they did though, Live Dead was one of them.

And they won't be light on the jams. aside from american beauty.

kellerb

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 23, 2010, 04:15:06 PM

they have already done this with Phil and Friends at the Warfield last year or the year before. I can't remember which albums they did though, Live Dead was one of them.

I was gonna mention that Phil did it a couple years ago.  I think he did a couple/three of the early albums, 1st album & livedead for sure, and a couple of the latter-day live albums if I remember right.  Also, if I recall, "the dead" played 7-9-95 set 2 in reverse at bonnaroo 2003, and I believe Phil may have done the Woodstock setlist in '06ish too.

If I was going to a mini-festie like this, I wouldn't want album-covers to be the whole thing.  I'd want some sort of surprises.  If I were going to do the idea, I'd intersperse non-album sets.  Hell, maybe pull out the LPs and mix & match sides. Do something weirder.  Play live/dead acoustic and jam out american beauty electric.

Superfreakie

Quote from: kellerb on April 23, 2010, 06:57:12 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on April 23, 2010, 04:15:06 PM

I was gonna mention that Phil did it a couple years ago.  I think he did a couple/three of the early albums, 1st album & livedead for sure, and a couple of the latter-day live albums if I remember right.  Also, if I recall, "the dead" played 7-9-95 set 2 in reverse at bonnaroo 2003, and I believe Phil may have done the Woodstock setlist in '06ish too.

If I was going to a mini-festie like this, I wouldn't want album-covers to be the whole thing.  I'd want some sort of surprises.  If I were going to do the idea, I'd intersperse non-album sets.  Hell, maybe pull out the LPs and mix & match sides. Do something weirder.  Play live/dead acoustic and jam out american beauty electric.

I forgot about the woodstock show. They did the '69 set for their second set and it was Trey on guitar. Barry Sless sat out. There is a great Matrix and DTS in circ cause Phil released the boards for free. http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=325596