News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Looks like great times. I really need to get out and see furthur. I feel lucky to have seen phil a few times in the last 5 years or so. But i'd love to catch him at least one more time before he stops touring.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mbw

few pics...

stage, sophist and his buddy ariel, and solo shot of him.

sophist

LOL @ Ariel cheesin' 

bhahahahahahahahahahaa
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

That is one shit-eatin' grin  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
I bet  :wtu: and him would get along great.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

McGrupp

Quote from: phishhead92 on November 15, 2010, 01:25:16 AM
Tonight I went to the Furthur concert in cinci. I didn't roll up with any tickets so we were trying to scalp some, but to no success, we weren't trying to spend over 20 bucks. But then we meet up with our two friends up near the entrance they came from like 2-3 hours away (without a ticket). But there is this couple standing there looking at us and they walk over and ask us if we were together, we said yeah. But they had 2 tickets, they were willing to stub in 2 people. So we let our friends go cause they made the drive, but the couple said we might be able to get some more. But we ended up going back to my friends house, we were there for like 5 minutes then we get a call to come back cause we will get stubbed in for free as well. So we rush back and we get there and run inside and get in there with like 10 min left in the first set. The place was a suite though, it was SO awesome. We got to smoke with all these chill old people :-D. A bunch couldn't smoke though cause of work.

And the music?

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

kellerb

Quote from: JustJezmund on November 15, 2010, 08:55:37 AM
Great rage story d00d.

furthur is 20 min away tomorrow.  I think I'm going.

Well that's not very far at all

sophist

Quote from: McGrupp on November 15, 2010, 09:57:16 AM
Quote from: phishhead92 on November 15, 2010, 01:25:16 AM
Tonight I went to the Furthur concert in cinci. I didn't roll up with any tickets so we were trying to scalp some, but to no success, we weren't trying to spend over 20 bucks. But then we meet up with our two friends up near the entrance they came from like 2-3 hours away (without a ticket). But there is this couple standing there looking at us and they walk over and ask us if we were together, we said yeah. But they had 2 tickets, they were willing to stub in 2 people. So we let our friends go cause they made the drive, but the couple said we might be able to get some more. But we ended up going back to my friends house, we were there for like 5 minutes then we get a call to come back cause we will get stubbed in for free as well. So we rush back and we get there and run inside and get in there with like 10 min left in the first set. The place was a suite though, it was SO awesome. We got to smoke with all these chill old people :-D. A bunch couldn't smoke though cause of work.

And the music?
Exactly. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mattstick

That "review" read more like what you'd get if you asked a grade school kid what they did over the summer.

McGrupp

Quote from: mattstick on November 15, 2010, 10:23:50 AM

That "review" read more like what you'd get if you asked a grade school kid what they did over the summer.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

emay

Cinci show looked like a lot of fun!

Superfreakie

Quote from: McGrupp on November 15, 2010, 10:25:52 AM
Quote from: mattstick on November 15, 2010, 10:23:50 AM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

:clap:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

glad you enjoyed the windy city, R.
twin anchors is a fun place. good beers.

and the wind farm you drive through, i was totally awe struck the first time i drove up there.
i pulled over and prolly watched them turn for like 30 minutes...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

McGrupp

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 15, 2010, 11:12:00 AM

and the wind farm you drive through, i was totally awe struck the first time i drove up there.

heady.

:wink:

sophist

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 15, 2010, 11:12:00 AM

I drove slow as hell through that so I could take in and enjoy the awesomeness of it.  I have to say, that was one of the coolest drives I have done in a long time.  I got to drive through the Appalachian mountains in Tennessee and Kentucky, and then the plains of Indiana was really cool too.  The final drive into Chicago from Midway Airport is so awesome, and I can't say enough about Lake Shore Drive.  So amazing. 

I can't wait to return.     

mbw

my schedule is open next weekend.   :beers: