News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 15, 2010, 11:25:21 AM
my schedule is open next weekend.   :beers:
Tell you what, pick my ass up in Louisville and you got a deal.   :wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

McGrupp

Quote from: sophist on November 15, 2010, 11:26:48 AM

(sophist is taking you to a strip club)
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

kellerb

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 15, 2010, 11:12:00 AM
glad you enjoyed the windy city, R.
twin anchors is a fun place. good beers.

and the wind farm you drive through, i was totally awe struck the first time i drove up there.
i pulled over and prolly watched them turn for like 30 minutes...

It's totally different and yet just as crazy at night.  You see the close blinking red lights, then your eyes adjust focus and you realize that there are blinking red lights as far as you can see in both directions...

mbw

i'd have to steal a car, so....... ok!

sophist

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 15, 2010, 11:32:34 AM

i'd have to steal a car, so....... ok!
I'd prefer it to be a four door, no sedans. 
Quote from: McGrupp on November 15, 2010, 11:31:40 AM

(sophist is taking you to a strip club)

::throws $1 at strippers and demands they bath themselves in $1::
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

ph92

Quote from: mattstick on November 15, 2010, 10:23:50 AM

That "review" read more like what you'd get if you asked a grade school kid what they did over the summer.
HAY... I was really high and drunk last night give me a break.

And the music was fucking AWESOME!! I only got the last 2 songs of the first set. And obviously the second set.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

sophist

Quote from: phishhead92 on November 15, 2010, 01:18:17 PM

That "review" read more like what you'd get if you asked a grade school kid what they did over the summer.

And the music was fucking AWESOME!! I only got the last 2 songs of the first set. And obviously the second set.
I find this exchange unfathomable.  Are you a dead fan at all?  Do you know the songs?  Did you go just for the party? 

ph92

Quote from: sophist on November 15, 2010, 01:24:33 PM
Quote from: phishhead92 on November 15, 2010, 01:18:17 PM

I find this exchange unfathomable.  Are you a dead fan at all?  Do you know the songs?  Did you go just for the party? 
I am a dead fan (kind of) but I'm not super familiar with all their songs. But here is the setlist, Bold are ones I know pretty well.

Furthur
US Bank Arena
Cincinnati Ohio
November 14, 2010

Set 1

Dancin' In the Streets
Althea
Me And My Uncle >
Friend of the Devil
Cold Rain And Snow

Seven Hills of Gold
Bird Song
Promised Land

Set 2
Deal
Sugar Magnolia
Scarlet Begonias >
Estimated Prophet >
He's Gone

King Solomon's Marbles
Days Between >
Fire On the Mountain
Throwin' Stones >
Sunshine Daydream

E: Samson and Delilah

I don't know the dead nearly (actually even close) as well as I know phish. But I had a great time, and I was there for the music, not the party, just smoked a couple bowls with the old folks. ;-) I was groovin' the whole time though. :-D

And I wasn't that drunk. But I smoked a couple bowls before I went up to my dorm so that's why I said "really". But it was a great time, again since I don't know dead that well, I do not really know how furthur jams compare to the best dead versions. At the end of promise land (when we were still getting to our seats) the piano solo near the end got crazy!

All I know is during the Deal>He's Gone string of songs there were some TIGHT grooves they got into. King Solomon's Marbles was a super slow song so I sat down and took a break during that, but (if it was actually a change of song) that Days Between song got me to stand up and start grooving again. :-D And that Fire on the Mountain... OMG.... that shit got WILD, now I have heard my fair share of this song and they went hard as fuck! The guy playing the boards (sorry idk his name) ripped it up on the organ. I was going nuts during that shit. :-D

Sorry I can't really give a good review of the show because I am not familiar with all their songs and their past. But I had a great time and I would definitely go again.
Make America Melt Again!

sophist

You got your tunes mixed up Junior.  KSM is an instrumental tune that kicks ass, and always has a soaring jam in it.  KSM is a fast tempo and it's a difficult song to play.  Days Between is a slow song where Phil sings, and it can be a set killer. 

glad you had a good time, thanks for the review. 

ph92

Quote from: sophist on November 15, 2010, 02:11:07 PM
You got your tunes mixed up Junior.  KSM is an instrumental tune that kicks ass, and always has a soaring jam in it.  KSM is a fast tempo and it's a difficult song to play.  Days Between is a slow song where Phil sings, and it can be a set killer. 

Ohh!! so that was it, the guy who was in the box said that the slow one was KSM. Yeah Days Between was pretty boring my buddy asked why everyone was leaving, I said piss break. :tte: I just assumed (bad assumption I know) that no lyrics=He's Gone jam.

But yeah that was alot of fun for sure.
Make America Melt Again!

emay

Sometimes when Phil breaks out a verse or starts up lyrics to a slower song, I feel my soul lift and it feels like its takin flight out of that building
Cant wait to hear this show
Downloading Chi town now, this one looks like a SOLID show. Furthur tour seems like a lot of fun, I went to Charlotte, Asheville, and Hampton last year and thought that each show was a fun but left somewhat disappointed every night in some of the song choices and covers.

Samson & D encore was a given since it was a sunday show and bobby loves bustin that out on sunday i.e. greensboro '09

sophist

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 15, 2010, 02:17:36 PM

Sometimes when Phil breaks out a verse or starts up lyrics to a slower song, I feel my soul lift and it feels like its takin flight out of that building
Downloading Chi town now, this one looks like a SOLID show. Furthur tour seems like a lot of fun, I went to Charlotte, Asheville, and Hampton last year and thought that each show was a fun but left somewhat disappointed every night in some of the song choices and covers.

Samson & D encore was a given since it was a sunday show and bobby loves bustin that out on sunday i.e. greensboro '09
Asheville and Charlotte were weird shows to me.  They def had a lack of flow to me.  I think they've gotten better about that.  Hampton was the best of the SE run imo.  I would say the same about that Atlanta show back in February, it left a lot to be desired from me.  After Saturday though, I felt very content.  I saw a huge performance jump in how they play and in how they segue.  They're jamming really well right now. 

McGrupp

Quote from: sophist on November 15, 2010, 02:22:44 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on November 15, 2010, 02:17:36 PM

Asheville and Charlotte were weird shows to me.  They def had a lack of flow to me.  I think they've gotten better about that.  Hampton was the best of the SE run imo.  I would say the same about that Atlanta show back in February, it left a lot to be desired from me.  After Saturday though, I felt very content.  I saw a huge performance jump in how they play and in how they segue.  They're jamming really well right now.

Better than phish.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

::opens can of worms::
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sophist

McSmallbaLLS with the sweet troll job. 

rowjimmy

Days Between is a genius song.