News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

Some of the things in this thread seriously make me laugh... I think SF had some very good points while some of the other points that people made have no logic to them at all.

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on December 05, 2010, 05:32:08 PM
every incarnation of the dead is a good incarnation.
we will regret the hate when these guys stop/aren't around anymore.

thatfargone - we get it.  you dont't like furthur or the GD.  move along.

because

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 05, 2010, 01:09:24 PM
We're all having a good time as well.  :beers:
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

I haven't listened to enough Furthur to have opinion, so I will not give one until I have educated myself enough to have one, but every time I think about listening to Furhur, I always just end up throwing on some GD. Just from what I've heard from others, it seems like Furthur is really on point right now and playing well. I would just much rather hear the real deal. With that being said, I would absolutely love to see Furthur live. I just have no motivation to listen on tape. 
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Hicks

Quote from: Lifeboy on December 05, 2010, 09:27:06 PM
I haven't listened to enough Furthur to have opinion, so I will not give one until I have educated myself enough to have one, but every time I think about listening to Furhur, I always just end up throwing on some GD. Just from what I've heard from others, it seems like Furthur is really on point right now and playing well. I would just much rather hear the real deal. With that being said, I would absolutely love to see Furthur live. I just have no motivation to listen on tape.

Agreed.  Furthur is a great band, probably the best post-Jerry GD based band, but I can't understand why somebody would opt to listen to them on tape instead of the real thing.

Also that Billy K quote does sound pretty jealous to me.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

qop24

I think the answer to this thread is:

All music is boring and sucks.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

mattstick

Quote from: Hicks on December 06, 2010, 05:07:32 PM
probably the best post-Jerry GD based band

For me, it's way off - there are several line-ups of Phil & Friends and The Other Ones that are better.

rowjimmy

* rowjimmy hates Ratdog

* rowjimmy misses Steve Kimock but knows that ins't likely to happen again

* rowjimmy can't hate on furthur despite bobby being in it because he's enjoyed a few tapes.

Outright Haters, please feel free to find your calling here: http://goo.gl/VIpPi

zimbra

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 07, 2010, 11:04:13 AM
Outright Haters, please feel free to find your calling here: http://goo.gl/VIpPi
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

zimbra

- Trey Anastasio

ph92

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

G. Augusto

Just bring back Joan Osborne and slay us all.

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 07, 2010, 06:23:20 PM
They need Kimock.

Hmmm fake Jerry or just derivative of Jerry. . .                I'll take fake Jerry.

ph92

Quote from: Hicks on December 07, 2010, 06:47:22 PM
They need Kimock.

Hmmm fake Jerry or just derivative of Jerry. . .                I'll take fake Jerry.
What is the integral of Jerry then?
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Hicks

Quote from: phishhead92 on December 07, 2010, 07:03:07 PM
Quote from: Hicks on December 07, 2010, 06:47:22 PM
They need Kimock.

What is the integral of Jerry then?

Whoever plays guitar for the Zen Tricksters I guess, or maybe the guy from Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians.

/calculus jokes.