News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Furthur

Started by redrum, August 23, 2009, 05:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

McGrupp

Great shows - had a blast with WTU, SF, and Danje.

Here are some pics I snapped. The ones from the right side of the crowd are from Fri, and the closer ones (3rd row!) were from Sat.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

emay

sickkk pics! cant wait for ATL and chucktown!  :rawk:
Listening to the Passenger from sunday, shit is smokin!  :syf: :rawk:

WhatstheUse?

I kept saying to McGrupp in Philly how it sounded like the GD.... but Phishier...

Russo is such a heavy hitter and almost always laying down the back beat -- SUCH a different feel than the  :syf:

Fake Jerry also peaks in so much more of a rock-y way than Jerry ever did.

I really thought they sounded great, and were so tight but I think I was expecting a more genuine  :syf: sound.  Not disappointed at all, just surprised because it seems I've been hearing so many people compliment Furthur on their like-ness to the og. GD
Bring in the dude!

sprobeck

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 22, 2011, 05:17:29 PM
I kept saying to McGrupp in Philly how it sounded like the GD.... but Phishier...

Russo is such a heavy hitter and almost always laying down the back beat -- SUCH a different feel than the  :syf:

I really thought they sounded great, and were so tight but I think I was expecting a more genuine  :syf: sound.  Not disappointed at all, just surprised because it seems I've been hearing so many people compliment Furthur on their like-ness to the og. GD

There were a couple of times when I thought they really sounded like  :syf:. Other than that they are their own band and taking the whole thing to a different level so... enjoy it if you can.
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

McGrupp

And I kept saying to you that "this ain't the  :syf:!"

:wink:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sophist

I think the name fits them perfectly.  The music is going Furthur.  And that's what they do.  They pay tribute to the original incarnation but also do things their own way, which is what I love. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Superfreakie

During the Philly Dark Star listen back to the v1. line John sings. He replaces axis with ACID.

Reason tatters
the forces tear loose
from the ACID

too bad I wasn't on any.  :-(
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

danje

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 23, 2011, 04:22:37 PM
During the Philly Dark Star listen back to the v1. line John sings. He replaces axis with ACID.

Reason tatters
the forces tear loose
from the ACID

too bad I wasn't on any.  :-(

It was everywhere last night.

emay

Quote from: sprobeck on March 22, 2011, 05:39:30 PM

There were a couple of times when I thought they really sounded like  :syf:. Other than that they are their own band and taking the whole thing to a different level so... enjoy it if you can.

Esp with all the covers they are throwing in there, and doin the whole second side to Abbey Road for Phil's bday!  :-o....just a little bit furthur than I've gone before.

VA $l!m

well, i made it to nyc in one piece.
be @ radio city on sunday. holla.
gonna be in the city 2moro for other stuff. maybe i should swing by and look for a miracle.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: $l!m on March 25, 2011, 06:20:29 PM
well, i made it to nyc in one piece.
be @ radio city on sunday. holla.
gonna be in the city 2moro for other stuff. maybe i should swing by and look for a miracle.

$lim takes on NYC!!!  :wtu: :crazy: :wtu: :smoke:
Bring in the dude!

blatboom

nice dude.  gonna miss you by a week.

G. Augusto

Quote from: blatboom on March 25, 2011, 07:12:00 PM
nice dude.  gonna miss you by a week.

What is next week?

blatboom