News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Boardwalk Empire

Started by ytowndan, July 26, 2010, 03:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on September 28, 2010, 01:32:50 PM
Quote from: bvaz on September 28, 2010, 09:32:08 AM
thought ep. 2 was slower than the 1st episode but I'm looking forward to this developing.  think it'll be really good.

I would agree.  There is a lot of building going on.  I think it will start catching more steam.  ep 2, I felt like you really got a sense that Nuggy was a bad ass.  The $3K bet at the roulette table and the comment to Rothstein shows he was a legit gangsta!

Yeah, making the youngster sweat getting it, and then just blowing it off to be like, yeah, I can drop that kind of dough like that, and it's nothing...certifiably bad ass.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 28, 2010, 01:50:40 PM
thought ep. 2 was slower than the 1st episode but I'm looking forward to this developing.  think it'll be really good.

I would agree.  There is a lot of building going on.  I think it will start catching more steam.  ep 2, I felt like you really got a sense that Nuggy was a bad ass.  The $3K bet at the roulette table and the comment to Rothstein shows he was a legit gangsta!

Yeah, making the youngster sweat getting it, and then just blowing it off to be like, yeah, I can drop that kind of dough like that, and it's nothing...certifiably bad ass.

Yeah, I thought that was an awesome scene.  :clap:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

cactusfan

that's Nucky. i believe you're confusing him with your weed dealer, Nuggy.

entertaining show so far. though ep 2 felt a little soap-opera-like already, where more stuff happens, without any real feeling of a beginning and end to the ep. but for now i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume there's some kind of awesome season arc going on that's only just beginning to unfold.

mbw

Quote from: cactusfan on September 28, 2010, 05:21:27 PM

lol

i was definitely impressed.....with the amount of b00bs in episode 2

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 28, 2010, 08:58:06 PM

lol

Agreed - more boobs was a plus!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 28, 2010, 11:42:24 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on September 28, 2010, 08:58:06 PM

lol

Agreed - more boobs was a plus!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

and yes, agreed on the breastesesesessss  :-D

mehead

looking forward to watching epis. 2 tonight whe I get home from work...

I like boobies too  ( . )( . )
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gah

So looks like Jimmy's heading to Chicago....guess him and young Al Capone might join forces. I don't like the federal agent either, dude is straight creepy.

ytowndan

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 04, 2010, 03:58:21 PM
So looks like Jimmy's heading to Chicago....guess him and young Al Capone might join forces. I don't like the federal agent either, dude is straight creepy.

Definitely a creepy dude.  That scene at the dentists office made me cringe. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mbw

he said, " go f*ck your grandmother with your little........" :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

cactusfan

aside from another excellent nude scene, that episode was awfully boring. mostly just an hour of being told what's going to happen in the future. i hope something actually does happen next week.

gah

Quote from: cactusfan on October 05, 2010, 02:48:15 AM
aside from another excellent nude scene, that episode was awfully boring. mostly just an hour of being told what's going to happen in the future. i hope something actually does happen next week.

yeah, that was good!

Also, someone let the new york gang know it was Jimmy at the shooting, but if iirc, only people that knew that are the federal agent and nucky and his brother. Think his brother told them?

cactusfan

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 05, 2010, 10:23:04 AM
Quote from: cactusfan on October 05, 2010, 02:48:15 AM

yeah, that was good!

Also, someone let the new york gang know it was Jimmy at the shooting, but if iirc, only people that knew that are the federal agent and nucky and his brother. Think his brother told them?

my impression is that it was presented as info that was now just 'known,' since it was overheard by the dentist, the fat lady, and all the AC cops who burst in. but who knows...

mistercharlie

Just got around to watching this weeks episode. Gretchen Mol is F'n HOT!!! I fell in love with her when she was in The Notorious Betty Page (Great flick with her naked the whole damn time BTW). 

And yeah, something isn't right with that Fed.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

Well, I ain't building no book shelves....bad ass line right there.