News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Boardwalk Empire

Started by ytowndan, July 26, 2010, 03:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 12, 2010, 01:29:18 PM
Well, I ain't building no book shelves....bad ass line right there.

He was great in The Wire.  Glad to see him getting a decent part in this, too. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

ytowndan

Really enjoyed last night's episode.  These past couple shows have been getting a lot better. 

Buffalo Budd

Oh yeah, last week was intense but I missed last night's as I was flying when it was on.  Can't wait to catch it when I get back home.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

Quote from: ytowndan on October 25, 2010, 06:12:28 PM
Really enjoyed last night's episode.  These past couple shows have been getting a lot better. 

yup.  awesome episode.
i luv seeing capone and jimmy becoming such badasses.

eta:  it was great talking about this episode having lunch today in greektown.

rowjimmy

I haven't watched it at all and I haven't read the thread to avoid spoilers but ... are you guys liking this show still? Should I keep downloading it?

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 02, 2010, 10:44:35 AM
I haven't watched it at all and I haven't read the thread to avoid spoilers but ... are you guys liking this show still? Should I keep downloading it?
I never miss an episode.  It starts slow in the 1st couple episodes and builds the characters until now they are becoming pretty evil and badass.  I think you'd like it, I feel it has gotten consistently better each episode.

Oh yeah, and lotsa boobies  :evil:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

i'm loving it.  keeps getting better too.

cactusfan

i gave up after 5. boring soap opera style show. ymmv.

ytowndan

Buffalo Budd

Just finished episode 8 and things are gonna get intense in the coming weeks.  Seems like a war is starting up in Jersey and Jimmy's coming back to fight it.  Can't wait to see what unfolds over the next few episodes.

mehead

Quote from: cactusfan on November 02, 2010, 12:57:54 PM

i gave up after 5. boring soap opera style show. ymmv.

2nd'd here..I've made it to 6 but not sure how much longer I'm going to watch.... :tte:

it's still on my dvr though
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

UncleEbinezer

I'm a big fan.  At times it can get slow, I think episode 3 or 4 was really slow with a lot of story building, but I think stuff is getting really interesting now.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

phil

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on November 10, 2010, 08:53:30 AM
I'm a big fan.  At times it can get slow, I think episode 3 or 4 was really slow with a lot of story building, but I think stuff is getting really interesting now.

Big time. Even during the slow parts, you can always count on seeing 1920's tits at least once per episode. That keeps me happy :-D
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: phil on November 10, 2010, 09:00:26 AM

Big time. Even during the slow parts, you can always count on seeing 1920's tits at least once per episode. That keeps me happy :-D

For realz! 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

mehead

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on November 10, 2010, 09:01:51 AM
Quote from: phil on November 10, 2010, 09:00:26 AM

For realz!

that's why I have HBOZD

:wink:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged