News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

Agreed as well. The guy who plays Morgan is a great actor, and had some of the best dialogue of the season. The traps were fucking genius.
I thought the bookending of the episode with the "hiker" was well done too.
Have they done an episode during the series which only followed two or three characters for the entire episode? I could really enjoy more of those.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mistercharlie

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on March 05, 2013, 10:16:47 AM
Agreed as well. The guy who plays Morgan is a great actor, and had some of the best dialogue of the season. The traps were fucking genius.
I thought the bookending of the episode with the "hiker" was well done too.
Have they done an episode during the series which only followed two or three characters for the entire episode? I could really enjoy more of those.

I think there was a Micchone and Andrea episode earlier on.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

michone def got a lil character development bump this week.
after hearing on the aftershow that in the books (i dont read) she is more of a sexually charged character and is invloved with Rick... i can see that possibly developing in the show as well.
TBH, even without having read the books i reaallly dig her character so far. most of the complaints about her are from the people that read the books and havent liked the differences, but from a tv only perspective i like her slow character development and the direction it is going so far.
...oh yeah and the actress bein mad sexy doesnt hurt. i have a soft spot for dready chicks. :wtu:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

I haven't watched last nights episode yet (I have to wait for the wife to get home from work for that), but I just found out that there is going to be a Walking Dead book this year on Free Comic Book Day.

This special Walking Dead issue contains a new Tyrese short story, who made his television debut in The Walking Dead Season 3! It also reprints short stories featuring Michonne, The Governor and Morgan. This special issue is a must-have for Walking Dead fans--none of these stories will be reprinted in the trade paperbacks!

By the way, Free Comic Book Day falls on May 4th this year, 'May the fourth be with you'.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

last night was the definite set up for the final 3  ep shit storm that about to hit.
gonna be fun.
i'm trying to guess who is going to die out of all of the main characters.
i mean... obviously someone has to die.

also, im really curious how this season will wrap up and then be geared into next season.
could we see a prison/fairbury (wait... is that the name of the town? lol) group merge?
will they go on the road?
where to next?
i'm really curious how this will all play out and move forward past the whole group vs group thing which actually started to devolve this week by opposing characters finding similarities between each other.

guesses on who will die?
1. governor...
2. andrea?
3. "Gaggie" -- ( Glenn/Maggie )

zimbra

We still never found out what was in the truck...  :frustrated:

I bet Morgan will come creeping back up to help fight.  The crazy loony guy that always pops up in TV series (IE. Lost) always ends up helping out the good guys.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ytowndan

Quote from: zimbra on March 11, 2013, 06:33:03 PM

What's this you ask about?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

zimbra

Quote from: ytowndan on March 11, 2013, 06:38:34 PM

When Glen was driving back into the prison during the zombie bus attack from the Governor there was something in his silver truck.  I believe RJ was saying something about it previously as well. 
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ytowndan

Quote from: zimbra on March 11, 2013, 07:08:10 PM

When Glen was driving back into the prison during the zombie bus attack from the Governor there was something in this silver truck.  I believe RJ was saying something about it previously as well.

Huh...I didn't catch that.  Now you got me all curious. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

khalpin

Quote from: ytowndan on March 11, 2013, 07:11:15 PM

When Glen was driving back into the prison during the zombie bus attack from the Governor there was something in this silver truck.  I believe RJ was saying something about it previously as well.

If you're talking about the same thing I'm thinking of, it was in the back of his truck when he left to go check the perimeter.  I don't think he picked up anything.

zimbra

Quote from: khalpin on March 11, 2013, 07:19:54 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on March 11, 2013, 07:11:15 PM

If you're talking about the same thing I'm thinking of, it was in the back of his truck when he left to go check the perimeter.  I don't think he picked up anything.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.  I didn't catch if it was in there before he left or not, but I definitely saw it when he was pulling back up.  Looked like some type of box covered by a tarp.
- Trey Anastasio

blatboom

yeah it was the same as when he was leaving

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on March 11, 2013, 09:24:35 PM
yeah it was the same as when he was leaving

And it's still there.

I'm thinking that it's nothing.
It they ever lift the tarp, it's just some hit-the-road-quick supplies.

gainesvillegreen

It may be because the prior episode was really strong with great dialogue, but I thought the meeting between Rick and The Govenor was underwhelming.
The dialogue was flat, and although that was a pinnacle moment in the series, it lacked the requisite tension for such a moment I thought.

At any rate, looking forward to these last episodes. 

Does the scientist/advisor/historian actor remind anyone of a young John Ritter? That's who he reminds me of every time he comes on screen.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

VA $l!m

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on March 12, 2013, 10:42:39 AM
It may be because the prior episode was really strong with great dialogue, but I thought the meeting between Rick and The Govenor was underwhelming.
The dialogue was flat, and although that was a pinnacle moment in the series, it lacked the requisite tension for such a moment I thought.

At any rate, looking forward to these last episodes. 

Does the scientist/advisor/historian actor remind anyone of a young John Ritter? That's who he reminds me of every time he comes on screen.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard 1000%