News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by mistercharlie, October 21, 2010, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

really interesting episode last night.
some serious writing going on.
i caught so many little theme nuggets after the 2nd and 3rd time i watched it.
the title of the ep.: "indifference" really said it all.

--the opening scene was trippy as heck with the girl's speech seeming to reflect Carol's thoughts.
--then  the watch allusion to Dale's story from  season one.
--so many characters changing perspectives... daryl, michone...

...shit was deep.
i highly recommend multiple screenings for this one to pick up on everything.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

zimbra

Is there anyway we can look at the credits for the whole season and see if the governor is on there?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ytowndan

Quote from: zimbra on November 04, 2013, 06:18:34 PM
Is there anyway we can look at the credits for the whole season and see if the governor is on there?

They confirmed that he's coming back, if that's what you're worried about.  But, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't release his name in the credits of upcoming episodes.  They clearly want that to remain a surprise.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VA $l!m

Quote from: zimbra on November 04, 2013, 06:18:34 PM

i think Carol and the Gov. might possibly  end up forming the equivalent of the 'Others'.
the governor reminds me of the Russian. maybe its the eye patch. :wink:

gainesvillegreen

Really enjoyed the Rick/Carol parts of the episode last night. Some of the best dialogue of the season so far between those two I thought.
Wasn't as bowled over with the Tyrese/Michone line. They are all carrying weight, I get it. Overstated, I guess. However, they ate up the screen time thus not having to suffer Carl, so everything has a silver lining I guess.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

rowjimmy

Weird that the people at the school, seven hours away, died of the same illness now found at the prison. It's almost like someone carried the bug from one place to another. Like maybe someone who is immune but has seen two groups die before him...

blatboom

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on November 05, 2013, 09:02:54 AM
school?

The place where they copped the drugs this week was a veterinary college which is a type of school.

twatts

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 05, 2013, 05:50:10 AM
It's almost like someone carried the bug from one place to another.

Or its a common disease carrier like mosquitoes, fleas, etc...  Considering the level of hygiene (constantly showered by rotting corpse blood) and the use of rats (as zombie bait), its feasible that the flu is not "sinister" in anyway, just incredibly inconvenient...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

rowjimmy

Yes. But the shunning of a typhoid mary would make a good story too.

You're  welcome, Mr. Kirkman.

twatts

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 05, 2013, 10:24:22 AM
Yes. But the shunning of a typhoid mary would make a good story too.

Zombie Typhoid Mary walks from the Vet School to Prison...  or Swine Flu perhaps???

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

rowjimmy

I'm just saying, coward drunk guy sure knew where that bottle of scotch was for certain.

blatboom

he's definitely shady as f

VA $l!m

BLAME THE ALCOHOLIC!!! :samurai:
BURN HIM!! BURN HIM!! WITCH! WITCH!! :crazy: :-D

zimbra

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 05, 2013, 10:35:33 AM
I'm just saying, coward drunk guy sure knew where that bottle of scotch was for certain.

I agree with RJ here.  First, I didn't see him grab a bottle at any point except for in that store towards the beginning of the season.  Did I miss something?  Second, he is too fishy to not be up to something.  Third, Carol and governor show down in the woods or will Carol recruit followers from the prison and the main conflict this season is a confederacy issue?  ( I know that is borderline improper use of the word "confederacy" but you get my point.  I had a 30 minute presentation this morning, my brain is toast.)
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio