News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/23 - Mullins Center - Amherst, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, October 23, 2010, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Quote from: tmart on October 25, 2010, 04:13:07 PM
I thought I could help out with some confusion as to why phish played DWD two days in a row. There was an e. coli scare with the tap water in Amherst and people were instructed to not drink the tap water.
Glad I got the memo seeing as I was filling my h20 bottles from the tap.
Paug FTMFW!

kellerb

Quote from: birdman on October 25, 2010, 04:25:59 PM
Quote from: tmart on October 25, 2010, 04:13:07 PM
I thought I could help out with some confusion as to why phish played DWD two days in a row. There was an e. coli scare with the tap water in Amherst and people were instructed to not drink the tap water.
Glad I got the memo seeing as I was filling my h20 bottles from the tap.

I'm presuming you've been in contact with Birdman, Birdman, and Birdman just in case there are any lingering effects.

WhatstheUse?

so somehow McGrupp and I ended up back at a Frat house in Hartford, CT after this show..... it was weird.  All the frat dudes looked at us like we were a different species.

Our short interaction with them went something like...

Frat Boy #1: "So what was your favorite song of the night?"

Me and McGrupp: "uuuhhhhhh......"

Frat Boy#2: "You can't ask these guys that... they think every song is the best."

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 25, 2010, 04:58:09 PM
so somehow McGrupp and I ended up back at a Frat house in Hartford, CT after this show..... it was weird.  All the frat dudes looked at us like we were a different species.

Frat Boy#2: "You can't ask these guys that... they are dosed to the gills."

FYP!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

McGrupp

Frat Boy#2: "You can't ask these guys that... they think every song is the best."

That entire night was out of hand.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

JPhishman

Quote from: McGrupp on October 25, 2010, 06:24:32 PM

I did speak to these fellas on the phone sometime after the show but before the frat house.....they were, just as I would expect, in a state of general hilarity.

Can't wait to join the party this weekend boys! 
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

mbw

did  :wtu: meet any drunk sorority girls he can see himself having a lifelong friendship with?

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on October 26, 2010, 01:05:57 AM

did  :wtu: meet any drunk sorority girls he can see himself having a lifelong friendship with?
I think he likes 'em a tad more experienced than that.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: JPhishman on October 26, 2010, 12:58:55 AM

I did speak to these fellas on the phone sometime after the show but before the frat house.....they were, just as I would expect, in a state of general hilarity.

I told you about officer Cougar, right? :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 26, 2010, 05:40:18 PM
Quote from: JPhishman on October 26, 2010, 12:58:55 AM

I told you about officer Cougar, right? :wtu:

If only something had materialized with officer cougar!  :-D

I could tell she wasn't gonna have it though.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Gumbo72203

i Really like this Meatstick...  Trey rips into both solos with a great sense of passion and vigor.  I love not being jaded on Phish anymore, and actually enjoying contemporary music played by this band.  The end jam was kinda non-existent, but Trey pulled it down in a kinda cool way. 

Jumping right to the Tweezer...  right after the first chorus they seem really playful.  Its awesome that this sort of Phish band exists again. 

It really must suck for all of you that can't enjoy this stuff.  Its a shame, really.  I can't imagine being that much of a curmudggeon, even though I think about death everyday.  Why are you wasting your time hating?  Do you really think it makes you look that cool?  That your h3tt7, because you were "there" in the "old days"?  Get off your fucking high horse. 

This band is great again.  They aren't going to play with the precision of 93 anymore, so stop expecting it.  They aren't grossly fucking anything up, and thats fine, because the amount of playful joy and vigor that they are bringing to the setlists and jamming is just fantastic.  I'll take these deep, spontaneous, out-of-nowhere 5-7 minute Type II jams over a 20 minute PH Ghost that does absolutely fucking NOTHING.

LOVE Trey at the start of this jam with the harmonics.  Ahhh Page on the RHODES!!!! YES!!!!!!  Fish on the cowbell, Gordon keeping it active.  Dude this groove is butterrrrrr.  If you can't get into this, you need to stop coming to this website. 

oooo this is getting weird!!!!!!!  ~6:50, and Trey comes back in with some reallllly nice lines just after 7 mins....   OH MANNN!!!!!!!!!!     7:13!!!!!!!!!1!!  FUCK @!!!!!!!!    DUDE ITS A PHISH SPACE@@@@!!!!!

This feels open like the 11/17/97 Tweezer feels open, at the start of the jam.  Incredible.     Mmmm the whale is kind of tasteful here....  I LOVE page's piano comping softly around 8:16.

This jam is great.  I don't care how it ends.   oh man, this fucking kills.  Serious jazzchill Phish at 8:36 until after 9 minutes.....
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

thatfargone

I really need to get some of what Gumbo eats!  This show was decent at best.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Gumbo72203

TWEEZZArrR BALLS PEAKING!!!!!!!!!! W AHHHHH!!!!!!

this shit is fucking awesome.  That was sick.  old school ending!!!!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

McGrupp

I remember thinking the tweezer was REALLY groovy at the beginning...

But my memory kind of trails off for the last 5-7 minutes.

Going back now to listen...

thatfargone

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on November 06, 2010, 04:20:30 PM
TWEEZZArrR BALLS PEAKING!!!!!!!!!! W AHHHHH!!!!!!

this shit is fucking awesome.  That was sick.  old school ending!!!!

Tweezer was good.  Ending has been done like that again since Alpine though.
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.