News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Quote from: birdman on June 16, 2016, 04:08:11 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 16, 2016, 03:18:04 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 16, 2016, 12:19:55 PM
4 years ago I was in the midst of Bader field AC run at this time.
Fun run. Just re-listened to the drowned > 2001 from the third night. Pretty gooood

That was a fun run. That weekend was actually the first time Michelle and I really hung out.
I remember you trying to figure out how to separate her from the friend she was staying with.
Also, breakfast with george was outstanding.

Hello
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Marmar

16 years ago, I was sweating my ass off on a runway in upstate NY.....This was the start of Camp Oswego. I'll never forget those 2 days, as I took a good friend to his first show that day.....I'll never forget how shitty I felt for my buddy because this was the first show where I realized that shit was going downhill....and fast. The show was great but I'll never forget waking up and opening our tent to see the ground LITTERED with used syringes from all the junkies nearby. Needless to say, this was the last full tour I did until 2004.....and just now typing that, I realize my final 2 full tours were pretty shitty. The 99 tour seeing the fanbase going into the shitter, and 2004 when the band was going into the shitter.....odd coincidences....
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

jam>

Quote from: Marmar on June 17, 2016, 09:59:34 AM
16 years ago today, I was sweating my ass off on a runway in upstate NY.....This was the start of Camp Oswego. I'll never forget those 2 days, as I took a good friend to his first show that day.....I'll never forget how shitty I felt for my buddy because this was the first show where I realized that shit was going downhill....and fast. The show was great but I'll never forget waking up and opening our tent to see the ground LITTERED with used syringes from all the junkies nearby. Needless to say, this was the last full tour I did until 2004.....and just now typing that, I realize my final 2 full tours were pretty shitty. The 99 tour seeing the fanbase going into the shitter, and 2004 when the band was going into the shitter.....odd coincidences....

Oswego was in July. And a lot of fun.

Marmar

:-o yes...I just realized that

maybe I shouldn't have dropped acid today at 7am :wtu:

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Marmar

Ok....so since I'm too high....lol

21 years ago, was summer '95 tour....Saw the first Johnny B. Goode sandwiched inside a pretty decent Tweezer, especially the groove they hit at the end. Other memorable highlights....Divided Sky opener which tore the roof off at the end, the Stash was quite tasty with Trey using his "underwater" effect to melt faces.....

I specifically remember my buddy Kenny turning to me at the end of Hood with the biggest smile on his face just shaking his head in approval.....this was the 2nd to last show I got to see with him before he passed away in a car accident on his way home from Canadaigua a mere 5 days later.

....those were the days.....

mistercharlie

21 years ago today was Phish's first show at Deer Creek. Great heavy metal Possum in that show!!

7 years ago today Phish also played Deer Creek, this time it was the first time after the long hiatus.

And I believe that this picture  :wtu: was taken seven years ago today. The birth of an emoticon is a wonderful thing.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gundo

Quote from: Marmar on June 17, 2016, 10:37:40 AM

Other memorable highlights....Divided Sky opener which tore the roof off at the end, the Stash was quite tasty with Trey using his "underwater" effect to melt faces.....

Marmar, are you talking about the effect Trey is using at the 27 minute mark during the Bozeman tweezer? You mentioned in the HFP thread you knew a lot about Treys guitar tone/rig. I've always been curious what effect or line of effects he's using here

https://youtu.be/Oak6Wy-RE6Q?t=27m

jasonsobel

21 years ago today, my first show.

July 2, 1995 at Sugarbush.  Love the 2nd set, especially the Jim > Makisupa and the Tweezer > Ha Ha Ha.

Going to celebrate by seeing them at SPAC this evening, for my 50th show.  :phish:
sing me back home before I die

PIE-GUY

24 years ago today I saw  :phish: for the first time. I was 18. Trey was 27. Fuck. We're old.

ETA:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Marmar

Quote from: EdBanky on June 22, 2016, 06:24:43 PM
Quote from: Marmar on June 17, 2016, 10:37:40 AM

Other memorable highlights....Divided Sky opener which tore the roof off at the end, the Stash was quite tasty with Trey using his "underwater" effect to melt faces.....

Marmar, are you talking about the effect Trey is using at the 27 minute mark during the Bozeman tweezer? You mentioned in the HFP thread you knew a lot about Treys guitar tone/rig. I've always been curious what effect or line of effects he's using here

https://youtu.be/Oak6Wy-RE6Q?t=27m

that portion is all uni-Vibe...when it gets really "thick" sounding it's also through a leslie....the compound oscillations are what give the underwater effect....Doppler + vibrato

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 11, 2016, 08:31:07 AM
24 years ago today I saw  :phish: for the first time. I was 18. Trey was 27. Fuck. We're old.

ETA:

The ink is still holding up well.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

ETA:

HORDE!!

Wasn't that the show with the 20 minute Little Miss Can't Be Wrong?
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mehead on July 12, 2016, 08:49:07 PM

ETA:

HORDE!!

Wasn't that the show with the 20 minute Little Miss Can't Be Wrong?

Pretty sure that was What Time Is It?
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Who has the pic of the 7/14/00 storm cloud over the lot in Columbus?

GBL

Quote from: mattstick on July 14, 2016, 12:11:30 PM

Who has the pic of the 7/14/00 storm cloud over the lot in Columbus?

Wish I would have taken one, that was a crazy storm
If this is love, I'm never going home..