News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 05, 2012, 07:31:53 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 05, 2012, 06:40:26 PM
Yowsa!!

http://funkit.virose.net/?p=2261

Did I not post this the other day? I certainly watched it. part one you can see me dancing there in the lower center part of the video. Good stuff that blog is.

Lotsa good stuff, right there.  Thx for sharing that! :-)
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

aphineday

Quote from: postjack on April 05, 2012, 06:42:07 PM
Quote from: aphineday on April 05, 2012, 11:41:13 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on April 05, 2012, 11:27:04 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 05, 2012, 10:32:34 AM
Quote from: aphineday on April 05, 2012, 10:28:22 AM
Yeah, definitely sarcasm. Sometimes it doesn't translate, but I was so upset I didn't really know what to type.
Also, after reading what I wrote again, the airfare total was wrong. It's 1,000 a piece for round trip tickets, but that's just too rich for my blood.
I appreciate all the thoughts guys, I'm working on alternate plans, but it doesn't look great.

Have you looked at flying into Baton Rouge, Gulfport, Mobile?

Yeah, I flew into Baton Rouge a couple years ago and then drove. Saved like $400. Get creative!
Hell yes, hadn't even looked at that. I'm on it.

i doubt it would work out since we aren't leaving for NOLA until Friday night both weekends, and coming home on Sunday evening both weekends, but if somehow it benefited you I would gladly give you a lift from Mobile to NOLA.

your situation sucks so hard, I am sorry.  :-(
Thanks a bunch man, very kind of you.
I'll probably just rent a car if I can make it happen. Checking stuff out right now.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

postjack

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

gah

Just getting around to watching that Mardi Gras Indian video. I'm pretty sure if I were int eh middle of that, I'd end up in a trance. Awesome find.

My tooth was hurting me for a couple weeks, and eating a granola bar the other day, it chipped. Guess there was a crack or something so the added pressure was what was making it painful. Anyhow, the resulting conversation occurred between me and a lady friend:

me: So yeah, it's all good now though, cause it doesn't hurt anymore.
lf: Even so you should probably see a dentist to make sure it doesn't get infected, or expose a nerve or get worse.
me: Yeah, I could, but I don't have insurance so it'd be kind of expensive, it's ok.
lf: didn't you say you got some tax money back recently, use that.
me: I would, but I was going to use that to buy the trombone shorty jazzfest poster.
lf: hahahahahahaha
me: (silence)
lf: (realizes I'm not joking) You're serious? Don't be an idiot, make an appointment.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Goddamn Fest.

PIE-GUY

3 weeks from right now I'll be waking up in NOLA and trying to convince myself to skip breakfast and just wait for the Cochon de Lait. It'll probably work.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 06, 2012, 10:23:49 AM
3 weeks from right now I'll be waking up in NOLA and trying to convince myself to skip breakfast and just wait for the Cochon de Lait. It'll probably work.

just reading those words makes my mouth water...  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Also, got to love the first comment on this video:

QuoteThis is how sex sounds like when you are doing it right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUsn880UWPQ&feature=related

PIE-GUY

So, I was just looking up flights for my cousin... flying into Baton rouge is still really reasonable... if you're renting a car anyway, I'd say that's the way to go for sure!

I'm so in the mood!!

gah

Def in the the mood.

funny pic from Rock n Bowl

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 27, 2012, 02:48:36 PM
Let me help you with that...

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 27, 2012, 02:44:05 PM
So eddie vedder v. esperanza v. astral project?

dirty dozen v. dumpstaphunk? Henry Butler

honey island v. runnin pardners?

And that's just the first day.  :-(

any questions?

As for that first selection, with Eddie Vedder canceling his tour, it made it easier. I've seen Astral Project 3 or 4 times, only seen Esperanza once, and it looks like she's doing the entire new album, o I'll be seeing her. Unless of course they replace Vedder with someone even more mind blowing than Esperanza!  :-o

ALSO:
As for the last day, as much as I love closign it out with the Neville's, the Pres Hall celebration is gonna be chock full o goodies

...Featuring a number of special guests:

Steve Earle
Jim James of My Morning Jacket
Ani Difranco
Allen Toussaint
Trombone Shorty
Bonnie Raitt
Wendell Eugene
Lionel Ferbos
...and More to be Announced

:crazy:

aphineday

Yeah, I think we may have something figured out. Thank God, I really do not want to miss this!!!

JPhishman

First off that Rock & Bowl sign is hilarious. Haven't seen Kermit yet. Hope to catch him at the fest.

That Pres Hall anny jam was one of the big reasons I had to make it this year. Hot damn there are a lot of good reasons though. This is going to be the shit!  :music:  :crazy:  :banana:

John - I've been so horrfied by your situation that I didn't even know what to say to you. Way to bounce back man. Get it!
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

aphineday

Thanks brotha, but it's just life. Would really suck to miss out on this, but it's certainly looking much better.

It does suck that Vedder canceled his tour, but it's not like there are easy choices to make anyway at that time.

So jacked for this.

gah

PIE-GUY

What?!?! They moved the...  Just kidding. That shit ain't changed in 15 years.