News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

11/2 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City, NJ - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by runawayjimbo, November 02, 2013, 11:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: whatapiper on November 03, 2013, 09:28:52 AM
Quote from: Hicks on November 03, 2013, 08:52:28 AM
Pretty much everything starting with Ghost from this run delivered quite nicely.

If I had gone I probably would have been really disappointed with the "costume" set, but would have felt they more than made up for it with everything that came after.

Yeah the run started for me with 3rd set on 10/31.  Aside from Theme I thought this first set was pretty standard fair, the 2nd set however brought the goods despite a bit downhill after Julius.  I'll never think of a standard zero the same after the Gorge last summer.

True dat, best zero ever! 

Although 11/26/97 is redick too. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Pretty much everything starting with Ghost from this run delivered quite nicely.

If I had gone I probably would have been really disappointed with the "costume" set, but would have felt they more than made up for it with everything that came after.

This is how I feel, not having attended, as well. It was a bitter pill to swallow when my ex jacked my weekend, as I know I'd have felt slighted if I only made it for Halloween and got Wingsuit rather than a traditional costume. But I'd have adjusted. The costume idea has definitely been fully developed for some time now.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

WhatstheUse?

Theme was easily my highlight. Shit ruled.

Rest of show was average to below average 3.0 but the theme was worth the price of admission for me. Loved that jam!
Bring in the dude!

birdman

I had an absolute blast last night. 2nd set was the tits.
What a great weekend with phish.
Really great hanging with SF and the French contingent. Barnsey, Modi, RJ, anthrax, Scotty and the jaunts, JPhisman and Emily...you guys made this weekend one of the best I've had in years. Let's do it all again sooner than later..
Paug FTMFW!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 03, 2013, 01:16:57 PM

Rest of show was average to below average 3.0 but the theme was worth the price of admission for me. Loved that jam!

You are making last night's Tweezer cry. 

Best Tweez of the tour in my book. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on November 03, 2013, 01:20:25 PM
I had an absolute blast last night. 2nd set was the tits.
What a great weekend with phish.
Really great hanging with SF and the French contingent. Barnsey, Modi, RJ, anthrax, Scotty and the jaunts, JPhisman and Emily...you guys made this weekend one of the best I've had in years. Let's do it all again sooner than later..

This is what I like to hear! See a lot of you at MSG, right?!?!?!?!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on November 03, 2013, 01:23:10 PM

Ha, I suppose I should have mentioned I had to leave the show right as the Tweezer jam started (which sucked!) so I can't really comment on that or anything thereafter
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 03, 2013, 01:27:06 PM
Quote from: Hicks on November 03, 2013, 01:23:10 PM

Ha, I suppose I should have mentioned I had to leave the show right as the Tweezer jam started (which sucked!) so I can't really comment on that or anything thereafter

Ah poop, yeah really nice and relaxed funk jam in it w/ Odd Couple tease and the old school fade out ending! 

Marmar

Pretty much everything starting with Ghost except the costume set from this run delivered quite nicely.

FYP.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Igbo

Such a great weekend!! All three shows were solid!! Halloween and my bday with the Paug Crew!! It was great chillin' with everyone and making it an amazing weekend!!!

Caravan2001

Good times!  Loved the show last night.  I think second set night 2 was my fave, but I loved all of it.  The boys are really giving it their all lately.  This 3 night run was far better than Dicks, playing wise.  Dick's had the Chalkdust but there are so many highlights from this weekend you can't list them all.  Great to finally meet Igbo, Barnes, Anthrax (who hooked up the Zombie Dust,mmmmm) aand Superfreakie finally!  Great times!  Also great to see Birdman, JP and RJ too..... Never made it to the Jauntee, these shows worked the fuck out of me.  About to crack a brew and zone on some football!

barnesy305

I can only echo what all these guys have already said. The band rocked, the crew ran deep, and the laughs never really stopped. Great fucking weekend!!

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 03, 2013, 07:35:29 PM
Good times!  Loved the show last night.  I think second set night 2 was my fave, but I loved all of it.  The boys are really giving it their all lately.  This 3 night run was far better than Dicks, playing wise.  Dick's had the Chalkdust but there are so many highlights from this weekend you can't list them all.  Great to finally meet Igbo, Barnes, Anthrax (who hooked up the Zombie Dust,mmmmm) aand Superfreakie finally!  Great times!  Also great to see Birdman, JP and RJ too..... Never made it to the Jauntee, these shows worked the fuck out of me.  About to crack a brew and zone on some football!

That is a helluva hook-up. That stuff is gold, Jerry, GOLD!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.