News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08-31-2014 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO - Post Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, September 01, 2014, 02:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

SET I: The Curtain With, Wombat, Kill Devil Falls, Bouncing Around The Room, Poor Heart, A Song I Heard The Ocean Sing, Lawn Boy, Wolfmans Brother, Waiting All Night, Winterqueen, Funky Bitch, Tube > Possum

SET II: Chalkdust Torture > Twist, The Wedge > Tweezer > Sand* > Piper > Joy > Mike's Song > Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley > Weekapaug Groove

E: Loving Cup > Tweezer Reprise

* Tweezer teases
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mbw

antelope19

from my seat at home that second set was my favorite set of the summer for sure.  maybe all of 3.0. maybe of all time, not counting big cypress.  it had it all.  thanks Phish!

Maybe this is true?? I'll have to give it a listen to confirm.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

Quote from: antelope19 on September 01, 2014, 02:23:38 AM
from my seat at home that second set was my favorite set of the summer for sure.  maybe all of 3.0. maybe of all time, not counting big cypress.  it had it all.  thanks Phish!

It's not true, but it was a good set. Best of the run, for sure.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Augustus

aphineday

Quote from: PG on September 01, 2014, 02:33:39 AM

It's not true, but it was a good set. Best of the run, for sure.
This.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Gundo

sophist

Your friend doesn't know shit about phish. 

Moving on>>>>>>>
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mattstick

Watched the second set "on demand" first thing this morning, spoiler free taboot.

Kinda predictable until the Tweezer > Sand which was awesome. The Mike's Song jamming was unique too.

Felt a bit like a "greatest hits" show but in the end it was a rockin' tour closer.

Was Dicks1 the best of Dicks in 14?

Marmar

The playing wasn't bad at all....some of it was rather decent....

My biggest complaint is predictability. When you hear the opener, and then can pretty much call the first half of the set 2 minutes into the first song and have it be pretty much SPOT ON, that leaves a lot to be said.

That being said, the run was pretty good. Considering they had like what, a month off?, they could have really stunk up the joint which I am glad to see didn't happen. Let's just hope for the fall tour they add some more songs to the "rotation"....I mean hell, they only have like 900 or so songs to pull from right? There is no need to get as short of gaps as we have this summer. Even last night it almost looked at one point like Mike was shooting the "not this again" look towards Trey. With so many EASY songs in their catalog it's almost inexcusable.

'Lope, your friend needs a dose punch and a molly blow if that's how they feel. 
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Marmar

Quote from: mattstick on September 01, 2014, 10:17:28 AM
Watched the second set "on demand" first thing this morning, spoiler free taboot.

Kinda predictable until the Tweezer > Sand which was awesome. The Mike's Song jamming was unique too.

Felt a bit like a "greatest hits" show but in the end it was a rockin' tour closer.

Was Dicks1 the best of Dicks in 14?

I think you are on the right track here.....

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

phil

Quote from: Marmar on September 01, 2014, 10:27:32 AM
My biggest complaint is predictability. When you hear the opener, and then can pretty much call the first half of the set 2 minutes into the first song and have it be pretty much SPOT ON, that leaves a lot to be said.

Is that a product of them being predictable or you knowing the band really really well? (I'm playing devil's advocate here because I agree with you, btw)
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mehead

Maybe I need to spin the Mike's again but I'm not getting all the hype.

Mehtastic upon first listen.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Marmar

Quote from: phil on September 01, 2014, 10:38:57 AM
Quote from: Marmar on September 01, 2014, 10:27:32 AM

Is that a product of them being predictable or you knowing the band really really well? (I'm playing devil's advocate here because I agree with you, btw)

I honestly believe it is the former.