News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Riviera Maya - Jan. 13-15, 2017

Started by rowjimmy, April 12, 2016, 03:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on April 29, 2016, 11:38:18 AM
Quote from: jmitchell on April 29, 2016, 09:40:49 AM
WTU you were able to add on an additional night on the back end?  The only option I saw for an additional night was on the 10th

if you scrolled down on the second page for other add on options there was additional night after as well.

I actually just got the 5 nights with our check out on Tuesday. I meant Thursday-Monday.
Bring in the dude!

VDB

I think the five-night option helped sell my wife. Add a little lagniappe to the trip so it isn't strictly get fucked up + concert + sleep in + repeat (not that there's anything wrong with that).

We ended up doing the Wednesday check in over Thursday. Pros and cons to each. I liked the idea of not having to get up and get on a plane immediately after the last show -- recovery day in country -- but then having that extra day on the front end when you're fresh will be nice too. My big worry is that now I've got another day before the shows, which means I could be dragging extra ass by the time the shows come around. But I've convinced myself that maybe the way to outsmart that is to just get super hammered on Wednesday night so that you're forced to take it easy Thursday so you're back to ready mode by Friday.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: VDB on April 29, 2016, 01:43:44 PM
I've convinced myself that maybe the way to outsmart that is to just get super hammered on Wednesday night so that you're forced to take it easy Thursday so you're back to ready mode by Friday.

Sounds like a foolproof plan to me
Bring in the dude!

emay

I think me and my two friends will stay in/around Tulum or around Cancun on Monday and fly back on tues afternoon but wont be staying in Barcelo.

VDB

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 29, 2016, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: VDB on April 29, 2016, 01:43:44 PM
I've convinced myself that maybe the way to outsmart that is to just get super hammered on Wednesday night so that you're forced to take it easy Thursday so you're back to ready mode by Friday.

Sounds like a foolproof plan to me

What could go wrong?  :wtu:
Is this still Wombat?

whatapiper

Yeah we emailed last night about adding a fifth night at the host resort, we were debating staying somewhere else for a couple nights but adding the fifth night is definitely the way to go, I'm sure it will go through.

Todd, you really go for it?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

anthrax

so, judging from the ease in getting tickets this time around, it sounds like the capacity was greatly increased??

whatapiper

Quote from: anthrax on April 29, 2016, 07:43:46 PM
so, judging from the ease in getting tickets this time around, it sounds like the capacity was greatly increased??

I'm guessing it's a combination of things, increased venue capacity and honestly aside from people on this board I don't know a single person who went last year that is going this year. 

Strange as I'm pretty sure five day package is on site are still available but I have been "waitlisted" to add my additional fifth day.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Caravan2001

Quote from: anthrax on April 29, 2016, 07:43:46 PM

Yes, changed from 6500 to 10000 this year. Moving the stage to accommodate more people.  Plus the two added resorts. Either way, it's still going to rule.  3500 people shouldn't change too much.  Prob sold it early so that there were not too many (any) randos at Barcelo.  Last year there were a bunch of non-heads at the resort.  This year they prob turned the whole place over to freaks.

jmitchell

It was easy to get tickets, but some of the packages sold out in about 8 minutes.  My gf was in the room with me on her lap top and telling me that lots sold out.  I wasn't worried about it, I had a package in my cart and plenty of time left on the clock.  I did not realize there was another page to the addons, so I have an email out to see about adding a day on the front and a day on the end, also trying to figure out what I have to do to get my service dog there.
Phish Lossless Audio Sources
https://tinyurl.com/2snkn552

Nedstruzz

Nedstruzz

I heard this weekend that it is limited to 7500 and will most likely be the last time in Mexico. 

WhatstheUse?

Any past attendees have recs for excersions?

I myself am more of a 'lay on the beach, relax, sip margaritas all day' type of guy.... but something tells me Michelle is going to disown me if I don't take advantage of these day trips...

Those Mayan pyramids sure have a lot of steps... zip lining sound fun though, doesn't it?
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 02, 2016, 08:49:17 PM
Any past attendees have recs for excersions?

I myself am more of a 'lay on the beach, relax, sip margaritas all day' type of guy.... but something tells me Michelle is going to disown me if I don't take advantage of these day trips...

Those Mayan pyramids sure have a lot of steps... zip lining sound fun though, doesn't it?

24 hour bowling alley on site with 24 hour free drinks.  That's my rec.  We went to Tulum for real for for a day.  Would have gone cave diving/snorkeling in one of the cenotes but they were polluted when we were there last year.  Wish I had gone to the Tulum turns because they are close (30 minutes).  I really wanted to go to Chicen Itza which is the sick giant pyramid, and we had a rental car but it was just too far and too crowded unless you get there before 9AM so we bagged it.  Believe me, you will be in the bowling alley until 7AM and won't wake up until 1 or 2 so start tempering her expectations right now  :-).  It's so fun, you guys will have a great time no matter what you do...

emay

I would love to go snorkeling through the caves.
24 hour bowling alley sounds amazing. I will be there every night.