News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018 Fall Tour

Started by emay, May 15, 2018, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: gah on October 27, 2018, 01:59:21 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on October 27, 2018, 12:44:40 PM
Quote from: gah on October 27, 2018, 12:39:57 PM
the paug has turned into a bunch of fluffers!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
you'll ahve to forgive mea little, i don't get to actually go to shows anymore and get that post show glow where every show was the best ever.
When you only get to listen to it from home for so many years you actually just base your opinion on the music without all the buzz from teh atmosphere, and being completely honest i havent enjoyed alot of how theyve sounded for 3.0, but this tour i'm all in.

HA! Dude, I was just joking. I'm digging all the love for what they're doing. For me that turning point happened with the Bakers Dozen run, and it's been all good since. I'm just glad everyone is having a good time, and we have this place of joy and solace in our little Phish universe in what is an otherwise dark state of affairs in the "real" world currently.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Dude, that is exactly how it felt last night, and I am pretty sure the band held the same feeling.  The "Can you still have fun" line that I have heard a million times took on a whole new meaning and it was just a giant celebration > tweeprise the whole place was going bonkers.  It felt different and special.  I'm special.

Hicks

Been that way since Ramz left.   :-P

This tour has been very good, but I'd have to disagree with BD being the turning point as summer 18 for the most part was very underwhelming.

They aren't quite at 2015 levels of x-factor, but they are approaching IT. All signs are pointing toward another epic Vegas run. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Hicks on October 27, 2018, 03:14:49 PM

Been that way since Ramz left.   :-P

This tour has been very good, but I'd have to disagree with BD being the turning point as summer 18 for the most part was very underwhelming.

They aren't quite at 2015 levels of x-factor, but they are approaching IT. All signs are pointing toward another epic Vegas run.

Completely agree with that. BD is my favorite run, including the 5 shows prior to it, they've put together since coming back in '09. I listen to it pretty much exclusively for 3.0 itches. This Fall is leaps and bounds better than the Summer. It's incredible really, the turn around.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

cactusfan

Quote from: mbw on October 27, 2018, 02:35:23 PM
you'll ahve to forgive mea little, i don't get to actually go to shows anymore and get that post show glow where every show was the best ever.
When you only get to listen to it from home for so many years you actually just base your opinion on the music without all the buzz from teh atmosphere, and being completely honest i havent enjoyed alot of how theyve sounded for 3.0, but this tour i'm all in.

HA! Dude, I was just joking. I'm digging all the love for what they're doing. For me that turning point happened with the Bakers Dozen run, and it's been all good since. I'm just glad everyone is having a good time, and we have this place of joy and solace in our little Phish universe in what is an otherwise dark state of affairs in the "real" world currently.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Dude, that is exactly how it felt last night, and I am pretty sure the band held the same feeling.  The "Can you still have fun" line that I have heard a million times took on a whole new meaning and it was just a giant celebration > tweeprise the whole place was going bonkers.  It felt different and special.  I'm special.

What the hell happened to this place? It used to be the ONE thing we could all agree on was that Phish is fucking terrible and we hate everything they're doing.

VA $l!m

Quote from: cactusfan on October 27, 2018, 05:46:55 PM
Quote from: mbw on October 27, 2018, 02:35:23 PM

What the hell happened to this place? It used to be the ONE thing we could all agree on was that Phish is fucking terrible and we hate everything they're doing.
i blame the Democrats
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

I love watching 'old Halloween stuff' pop up during Fall Tours leading up to a Halloween show. Here's what has been played so far...

10/19
Shipwreck teases during Golden Age jam
10/20
Shine a Light encore  (Fuego arguably)
10/21
Wingsuit -> Your Pet Cat (Skin It Back, while not played on Halloween is a cover of a Halloween set band)
10/23
Cool It Down, Loving Cup encore
10/24
Crosseyed & Painless
10/26
Martian Monster, Moonage Daydream
10/27
The Dogs, Rock and Roll encore

I'm expecting to see Drowned come out tonight.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

While My Guitar Gently Weeps as well...

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on October 28, 2018, 11:46:04 AM
While My Guitar Gently Weeps as well...

Good call, maybe even Time Loves a Hero or On Your Way Down too.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Some long encores this tour :rawk:

VDB

Lots of first-set jamming nowadays, in response to our many requests.
Is this still Wombat?

VA $l!m

HAs anyone else thought this tour might have something special having some relation to how the whole Watkins Glenn thing went down?

Not only can i imagine that the band had some deep feelings on the matter and could have put that energy to really kicking ass this tour, but also i was thinking how elaborate the Halloween set was  really could have been a result of alot of time being out into it with probably so much wasted ideas for the Festi not seeing the light of day.

I would even say theres a possibility some of the music/theme from Halloween was originally conceived as a part of the Festi.
Mostly though i just have a feeling the band really wanted to show the fans this tour how invested they still are in the whole thing.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VDB

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 02, 2018, 03:25:57 PM
Mostly though i just have a feeling the band really wanted to show the fans this tour how invested they still are in the whole thing.

I think I'm with you on that. Which also makes their general silence about the cancellation that much more puzzling/disappointing, but I try to give that minimal thought any more.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Epic Tube ensuing right about now. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

God damn, a soaring Tube and they stick the landing. That's a guy in full control of his instrument. Great fucking Tube.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.