News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

guyforget

i can probably find a package of the old smileys
-AD_

blatboom

Quote from: guyforget on February 05, 2010, 01:01:11 PM
i can probably find a package of the old smileys
that would rock man.  thanks for all the work you're putting in

McGrupp

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

guyforget

many of the new features are built for the new forums software, which is built for the curve theme

therefore, the forum default is now curve

users can still select whatever forums theme they want in their profile, so feel free to use the old theme (called CORE).  but, if you see issues with formatting, display, etc, they are likely due to the theme and will probably not get a lot of attention as far as fixing. 

please let me know of anything buggy that pops up. 
-AD_

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: guyforget on February 05, 2010, 02:57:45 PM
many of the new features are built for the new forums software, which is built for the curve theme

users can still select whatever forums theme they want in their profile, so feel free to use the old theme.  but, if you see issues with formatting, display, etc, they are likely due to the theme and will probably not get a lot of attention as far as fixing. 

I thought I was going crazy since it just changed.  Looks good!!!  I really do like the wider formatting now.  Makes it much easier to read and navigate.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

emay

ytowndan

Quote from: ytowndan on February 04, 2010, 11:34:00 PM
When I use curve I get a lag when scrolling.  Very similar to what it looks like when you don't have drivers installed for your video card (just not as extreme).  Did this happen to anyone else?

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Mr Minor

blatboom

yeah that's not gonna work for me.  back to Core

mistercharlie

Quote from: guyforget on February 05, 2010, 02:57:45 PM

users can still select whatever forums theme they want in their profile, so feel free to use the old theme (called CORE).  but, if you see issues with formatting, display, etc, they are likely due to the theme and will probably not get a lot of attention as far as fixing. 

I switched to Curve this morning and I am slowly getting used to it. It fixes all of the issues I was having yesterday.

And look the blank emoti works now too!!  :blank:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

guyforget

Quote from: ytowndan on February 05, 2010, 03:01:44 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on February 04, 2010, 11:34:00 PM
When I use curve I get a lag when scrolling.  Very similar to what it looks like when you don't have drivers installed for your video card (just not as extreme).  Did this happen to anyone else?

havent seen anything like this, dan
-AD_

McGrupp

guyforget

Quote from: blatboom on February 05, 2010, 03:02:42 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on February 05, 2010, 03:04:35 PM
Quote from: blatboom on February 05, 2010, 03:02:42 PM

unfortunately, as the software is upgraded, etc, its best for us to stick w/ the defaults as they are built so that everything works as it should.  also unfortunate, is that newer features will probably only be built / added to the curve theme, so eventually you may miss out on some new things that i will be adding. 

it took me a while to get used to it over @ pp, but i did, so it doesnt bother me here. 

would anyone who is good w/ .css, maybe we could get someone to skin the new theme so we can switch up the color palate?  i could do it, but if someone is good w/ .css and would like to volunteer, thatd be badass.... 

-AD_