News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: guyforget on February 05, 2010, 04:04:37 PM
what about in the media center?  can you go in there, open the mp3 album, and play my awesome embedded mp3?

Through the thread, No.
Through the media center, Yes, I see the connection.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

guyforget

ok...

i gotta get of my ass for a little while today, but ill be back to work on that some more soon. 
-AD_

WhatstheUse?

okay, so I haven't read through the last 10 pages or so of this thread...

BUT WTF HAPPENED TO MY PAUG!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! IT'S WAY DIFERENT AND IT'S FREAKING ME OUT!!!!!  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 05, 2010, 05:12:56 PM

BUT WTF HAPPENED TO MY PAUG!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! IT'S WAY DIFERENT AND IT'S FREAKING ME OUT!!!!!  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

You can change it back to the old look in your profile's 'Look and Layout' section. Chage it to 'Core' instead of 'Curve'. Only problem with that is that 'Core' doesn't support all of the features that Guy added.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Mistercharlie on February 05, 2010, 05:15:17 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 05, 2010, 05:12:56 PM

You can change it back to the old look in your profile's 'Look and Layout' section. Chage it to 'Core' instead of 'Curve'. Only problem with that is that 'Core' doesn't support all of the features that Guy added.

okay, thanks for the info....... this new layout is NOT working for me right now.... but maybe I just fear change.....

and how come everyones sigs are no longer at the bottom of their posts?

Bring in the dude!

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

G. Augusto

blatboom

I'm giving Curve a test-drive right now.  I think it'll grow on me

guyforget

i can not recreate the error on the streamed mp3 threads

will y'all click this link and let me know if you get errors or not?  if the pages load, can you stream the mp3s?

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=14711.0
-AD_

mbw

Quote from: guyforget on February 05, 2010, 11:04:00 PM

will y'all click this link and let me know if you get errors or not?  if the pages load, can you stream the mp3s?

works for me.  but i will have to report it to a moderator.

ytowndan

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 05, 2010, 11:05:49 PM
Quote from: guyforget on February 05, 2010, 11:04:00 PM

works for me.  but i will have to report it to a moderator.

:-D

Same here.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

blatboom

guyforget

ok, well i got that fixed

i still cant get it to let me embed youtube vids that are embedded into the media center youtube album

youtube vids will still embed in threads automatically, so theres really not a lot of need for them to embed from the media center

i need to know if we're seeing any other errors or odd behaviors
-AD_

mistercharlie

Thanks again for all your work the past few days on here!!!!!

All the bugs seem worked out for the time being, and hell I'm even starting to like the 'Curve' theme.

guyforget

small thing here that probably nobody will remember, but ive installed a "quote source" mod that changes the way you can quote external sources

if anyone ever tried to just add some variable to the = when posting a quote, you know it didnt really work out the way you'd hoped. 

so what does it do?  it allows you to name a source in your quote w/ the "source" attribute, and assign a link to that source w/ the "link" attribute. 

probably not something a lot of people will need very often, but that one time that you want to quote an external source, hopefully you remember this and look it up. 

you can now use this syntax:

[quote source=SMF Mods Site link=http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1631]
Introduction:
This Mod adds a new quote attribute, useful when quoting sources from outside your forum.

Features:
When using the quote function you now have the option of the source= attribute similar to quote author= attribute. However this will add a clickable link to a URL of your choosing to the Quote From:Name.[/quote]

to get:

[quote source=SMF Mods Site link=http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1631]
Introduction:
This Mod adds a new quote attribute, useful when quoting sources from outside your forum.

Features:
When using the quote function you now have the option of the source= attribute similar to quote author= attribute. However this will add a clickable link to a URL of your choosing to the Quote From:Name.[/quote]

-AD_