News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: guyforget on March 05, 2010, 11:30:11 AM
search should work the same way that it always has...

the most funky thing about search is that it searches by "level."

so, if youre at the forums index (front page - http://week4paug.net) and you use the search box on the top right, it will search the entire website, every forum. 

but, if youre in a specific forum (for instance: http://week4paug.net/general-topic-discussion) and you use the search function at the top of that page, it only searches within that forum. 

likewise, if youre in a specific thread (http://week4paug.net/general-topic-discussion/gdead-thread/) and you use the search box at the top of the forum, it will search only that specific thread for whatever search terms you use. 

if you use the advanced search (http://week4paug.net/search/?advanced;search=) you can set it all up yourself and choose what forums you want to include in your search. 

hope that helps with the searching.

TY A.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

blatboom

how does one go about copying pictures from the media center to photobucket?  the urls don't work for that purpose

McGrupp

Quote from: blatboom on March 07, 2010, 06:16:28 PM
how does one go about copying pictures from the media center to photobucket?  the urls don't work for that purpose

Prob just gotta save em to your HD then upload.

Unless there's an easier way...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

guyforget

Quote from: blatboom on March 07, 2010, 06:16:28 PM

never used photobucket, but my guess is that youd have to save the photo to your computer and then just upload it to photobucket like that
-AD_

blatboom

so I was messing with my avatar and now when I go into Modify Profile>Forum Profile there's no field to enter anything under Personalized Picture.  I tried logging out and clearing my cache

mistercharlie

Quote from: blatboom on March 08, 2010, 10:12:02 PM
so I was messing with my avatar and now when I go into Modify Profile>Forum Profile there's no field to enter anything under Personalized Picture.  I tried logging out and clearing my cache

Just start every post with  :tte:

We'll all know it's you that way.   :smoke:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

i think someone finally blocked your picture posting ability.

blatboom

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 08, 2010, 10:22:38 PM

i think someone finally blocked your picture posting ability.

guyforget

which theme are you using?

yours doesnt look like this if you use curve?

-AD_

blatboom

I'm using Curve.  my screen is lacking the third 'Upload an avatar option' and the Choose File button on the right.

edit: I tried switching to Core and it's the same.

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for your help Guy on my issues with new topics on my home pc.  Now I have a question about PMs.  Do we have the option to include attachments on there.  I was hoping to send a couple pics but can't seem to find that option.  Sorry to be a pain in the ass.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Phishy69 on March 09, 2010, 08:57:49 AM
Thanks for your help Guy on my issues with new topics on my home pc.  Now I have a question about PMs.  Do we have the option to include attachments on there.  I was hoping to send a couple pics but can't seem to find that option.  Sorry to be a pain in the ass.

sweet new avatar!  :clap:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

blatboom

I don't even see the attach image option on this page.  when I open Additional Options I have a few check-boxes but that's it.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: goodabouthood on March 09, 2010, 09:24:19 AM

sweet new avatar!  :clap:
Thanks Hood, and no, it's not me.  :shakehead:

Blat, I have it in the threads, just not my PMs.
Weird.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

guyforget

attachments in PM's have never been allowed.  doesnt mean i cant turn it on though.  maybe just for groups w/ higher postcounts. 

i'll look into blats avatar issue, too.  probably just an issue of his group not being allowed to upload their own, should be an easy fix. 

-AD_