News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jimi Hendrix Thread

Started by susep, September 30, 2006, 06:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: susep73 on January 30, 2011, 12:31:06 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on January 30, 2011, 12:13:06 AM
Quote from: susep73 on January 30, 2011, 12:03:57 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on January 29, 2011, 04:57:37 PM
Quote from: susep73 on January 29, 2011, 03:16:07 PM
One of my favorite Jimi Hendrix sets, the debut of the Band of Gypsys, 31Dec.1969.  Enjoy!

One of my favorites as well. By the way, are we turning this into a live download Jimi thread? Cause I have a lot of live Jimi that I could share.

absolutely.

do you have that black and white vid I mentioned above? Stockholm 01-09-69. You're not a true Hendrix fan without it. Sort of like Veneta '72.

and are we allowed upping direct links for Hendrix? What's the ruling behind that? Not sure if it is allowed.

I'm preety sure everything is free game excluding officially Hendrix releases from Experience Hendrix LLC.  I do have that Stockholm vid, too bad they didn't film the second show, a much better show imo.

seriously. first show of the night is awfully strained... then clearly some fun was had backstage during the break... the second show rules.

rowjimmy

Speaking of Live Jimi... did someone mention the debut of Band of Gypsies?
Jimi says you can call these guys Band of Gypsies... or whatever:

Now playing side 5. This shit rules.

susep

Another live Hendrix gem, this set burns and is arguably one of Jimi's all-time best performances: first show 30May1970 Berkeley Community Theatre, Berkely CA.
Jimi Hendrix
(bootleg CD) Hendrix - Berkeley Concert, 1995 Audifön Emir Deutschland
Lifted from a soundboard Recording (intro by Bill Graham is missing, not all songs complete, CD=78 minutes)
Star Spangled Banner and Purple Haze were missing in the first place
Tracks:
Fire
Johnny B Goode
Hear My Train A Comin
Foxy Lady (incomplete)
Machine Gun
Freedom (incomplete)
Red House
Message To Love
Ezy Ryder
The Star Spangled Banner
Purple Haze
- ATM 175-176 Stereo Aud
Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/78ysx2 - jh 700530 first show - Berkeley Community Theatre, Berkeley CA.mp3
Size: 193.80MB |

edit - great quality, the Star Spangled Banner > Purple Haze was missing so I used the Aud version from ATM 175-176 to create a seamless listen.

Enjoy!

zimbra

^^

You guys are awesome, thanks for all the new Hendrix  :music:

Perfect day for some new tracks!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

susep

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

Quote from: slslbs on February 09, 2011, 03:34:09 PM
Mlle Mabry

supposedly she had an affair w/ Jimi behind Miles back.  surprised no one has commented on Bridget Bardot but in Cross's bio he writes that in Aug 1969 after Jimi's 10 day vacation in Morocco, Jimi spies Bardot at a Paris airport, introduces himself, skips his flight and beds Bardot over a 3 day period arriving back in the U.S. literally days before Woodstock.

willsteele

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: willsteele on February 09, 2011, 05:10:03 PM
playa.

He hit on Marianne Faithfull when she was with Mick Jagger. She declined and regrets it to this day.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Superfreakie

He was well endowed. Probably the only thing we share in common.  :police:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

willsteele

Quote from: mopper_smurf on February 10, 2011, 04:46:27 PM
playa.

He hit on Marianne Faithfull when she was with Mick Jagger. She declined and regrets it to this day.

mmmmmMarianne Faithful.   and    lol..  Mick Jagger.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

susep

playa.

although Jimi had written The Wind Cries Mary after a row w/ his gf Kathy Mary Etchingham, he told Marianne Faithful he had written it for her while trying to talk her out of leaving Jagger.  Speaking of the Stones, it was Keith Richards gf Linda Keith who introduced Jimi to acid and subsequently introduced him to Chas Chandler.  Jagger re-appeared in Jimi's 1970 tune Dolly Dagger which featured the line, "she drinks the blood from a jagged edge" inspired by Jimi's then on/off gf Devon Wilson who in full view of Hendrix at his birthday party, knelt down and sucked the blood of Jagger after he cut his finger at the party.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

willsteele

Quote from: susep73 on February 11, 2011, 12:09:06 AM
playa.

although Jimi had written The Wind Cries Mary after a row w/ his gf Kathy Mary Etchingham, he told Marianne Faithful he had written it for her while trying to talk her out of leaving Jagger.  Speaking of the Stones, it was Keith Richards gf Linda Keith who introduced Jimi to acid and subsequently introduced him to Chas Chandler.  Jagger re-appeared in Jimi's 1970 tune Dolly Dagger which featured the line, "she drinks the blood from a jagged edge" inspired by Jimi's then on/off gf Devon Wilson who in full view of Hendrix at his birthday party, knelt down and sucked the blood of Jagger after he cut his finger at the party.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

They don't party like that any more.  Craisins.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: susep73 on January 30, 2011, 11:53:06 PM
Another live Hendrix gem, this set burns and is arguably one of Jimi's all-time best performances: first show 30May1970 Berkeley Community Theatre, Berkely CA.
Jimi Hendrix
(bootleg CD) Hendrix - Berkeley Concert, 1995 Audifön Emir Deutschland
Lifted from a soundboard Recording (intro by Bill Graham is missing, not all songs complete, CD=78 minutes)
Star Spangled Banner and Purple Haze were missing in the first place
Tracks:
Fire
Johnny B Goode
Hear My Train A Comin
Foxy Lady (incomplete)
Machine Gun
Freedom (incomplete)
Red House
Message To Love
Ezy Ryder
The Star Spangled Banner
Purple Haze
- ATM 175-176 Stereo Aud
Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/78ysx2 - jh 700530 first show - Berkeley Community Theatre, Berkeley CA.mp3
Size: 193.80MB |

edit - great quality, the Star Spangled Banner > Purple Haze was missing so I used the Aud version from ATM 175-176 to create a seamless listen.

Enjoy!

Thanks. I have the second show which was released by Experience Hendrix in 2003.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_Berkeley

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy