News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Going to see my most favoritest local band this evening.  Leaving in about 15 and hoping for a good time.  They haven't played in a few months because they've been recording.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

fauxpaxfauxreal

Last night I saw "Skid Row".

I knew none of their songs.  I feel dumber for having attended....

Last night I saw "The Waybacks".

It was so intense it was like seeing Phish again but reincarnated in a down home bluegrass/blues edition.

Way into "The Waybacks"..."Skid Row", not so much!

Casey Lenahan

Saw Phil last night for the first show of the summer. It rained so bad that I thought the show might be canceled. The Levon Helm band who was supposed to open had to cancel due to the storm. But Phil continued! I dont think they were able to use every piece of equipment they wanted to because of the rain (epically Molitz who was limited to only one keyboard, but they still played a hell of a show.

LC Pavilion
Columbus, OH
June 12, 2008

Set 1:
Minglewood Blues>
Jam>
Doin' That Rag
Gone Wanderin'
Direwolf
Mama Tried
Cumberland Blues>
Bertha

Set 2: Passenger>
Don't Let The Devil
Take Your Mind
High Time
St Stephen>
The Other One>
The Wheel>
Scarlet Begonias
Sugar Magnolia
Donor Rap/Intro
E: Cold Rain and Snow

Solid first set. A real good cumberland>bertha. Second set started with a really good Passanger and really picked up during the St Stephen>Other One > wheel and continued into a thunderous sugar mag.
I owe Aug $20

antelope19

Bummer about Levon Helm.  I am sure it would have been nice to see the living legend in person.   :|  Looks like a solid Phil show though.

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on June 13, 2008, 03:31:50 PM
Bummer about Levon Helm.  I am sure it would have been nice to see the living legend in person.   :|  Looks like a solid Phil show though.

Agreed.
I haven't seen him play in 14 years.

antelope19

I've never seen him, and it doesn't appear that I will this summer either.   :|

blatboom

back from P&F...
went in with zero expectations and they blew me away.

But first of all, lemme say I saw virtually no outward Phish presence at all.  Up until setbreak I saw no people wearing any Phish gear...I saw one guy who I thought was wearing a High Geere hat..turned out it was a John Deere hat....But I finally passed a dude during setbreak who dapped me up and we starting shouting about the inevitable return.  He walked past me again about a half hour later and we talked some more and as he was walking away we were hollered about the 5 YEMs. 
That was it.  Other than me, I saw no Phish shirts, no Phish hats, nothing.  Not to say they weren't there, I just didn't see them...not sure what that means or anything, it just struck me....

let's see how close I get these...

I:
Shakedown - waiting in line...they took the stage at like 6:40...up next was a couple Jakie songs I didn't know..
Ball & Chain(?) - waiting for my beer bracelet...
Wheels on Fire(?) - waiting for my beer
jam>Althea - I went apeshit.  I'm telling you I picked this one out before anybody around me.  but nothing could have prepared me for how far they took this one out.. (Althea!)
Candyman
Cosmic Charlie
Loose Lucy - lot of crowd interaction to close the set.

II:
Jam>China Cat
> New Potato Caboose
> Caution - it was here I finally realized that Jackie Green was indeed the man.  He did a call & response with everyone in the band, and he owned this.  Caution was sick.
> Dupree's
> Mountains - this had to have been 20+ minutes.  They went so far out there, brought Mountains back, then left again.  I couldn't believe it.
> Terrapin - no Lady w/a Fan.  There was a couple times when they're playing some sick groove that you know is something but you're no sure what.  Listen to this and you'll see what I mean.  I think they hinted it moments before, but nobody saw this coming.
> Watchtower - again.  this came out of left field, and brought the house down.
> GDTRFB

E:
Box of Rain

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on June 17, 2008, 11:26:01 PM
back from P&F...
went in with zero expectations and they blew me.

For face value?
Was that a Gold Circle or standard ticket?
Was it the whole band of dudes or did they have someone else performing this service?

But seriously:
Wheels On Fire is a Band song. Go home and listen to Music From Big Pink right now.

I said, Now!

Fine. If you insist on reading the rest of the post first, here it is:
The epic Mountains of the Moon is something they did during the Warfiled run. It was seriously a highlight of the set.

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 18, 2008, 08:21:19 AM
Quote from: blatboom on June 17, 2008, 11:26:01 PM
back from P&F...
went in with zero expectations and they blew me.

:-o
I'm fixing that now.  I was a little tipsy last night...

rowjimmy

Shouldn't you be listening to The Band?

danje

Looks like a sick show, I'll be seeing them on friday. What time was the show over?

rowjimmy

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 18, 2008, 01:03:33 PM
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=515954

sweeeet.  I'm at work, so I'll have to catch up on The Band a lil later.

danje, the show started @ 6:40 and wrapped up a little after 10 (iirc).  those times may have had more to do with the nature of the venue they played.

rowjimmy

Yeah, Innsbrook is not a traditional concert venue...
More like a stage in the corner of an undeveloped lot in an office park.

danje

Thanks for the info. I need to catch a train from center city Philly by midnight so I'm hoping the show lets out by 11:30 at the latest. It starts at 5:30 but opens with Levon Helm's.