News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by converse29, December 12, 2006, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 19, 2010, 11:30:40 AM
Food Inc. is buried somewhere in the Netflix queue so those books might make for good companions.

shipping to me today

gah

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 19, 2010, 11:36:42 AM
Food Inc. is buried somewhere in the Netflix queue so those books might make for good companions.

shipping to me today

Yeah, I'm a couple chapters into

and digging it, especially with the recent food related movies I've been seeing, including Food Inc. Thanks for the recommendation mbdub!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

shoreline99

Finally finished Fast Food Nation. I had put it down someplace and it got buried. Very interesting read.

On to this:

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

birdman

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 19, 2010, 11:46:10 AM

shipping to me today

and digging it, especially with the recent food related movies I've been seeing, including Food Inc. Thanks for the recommendation mbdub!
Picked this one up the other day after seeing it recommended here. I've liked Kingsolvers fiction in the past, esp Poisonwood Bible, and having just seen Food Inc. I was pretty psyched to get into this one.
Im beginning to pay serious attention to my and my family's diet. Things will be changing in my kitchen.
Paug FTMFW!

gah

Quote from: birdman on January 19, 2010, 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on January 19, 2010, 11:46:10 AM

shipping to me today

Picked this one up the other day after seeing it recommended here. I've liked Kingsolvers fiction in the past, esp Poisonwood Bible, and having just seen Food Inc. I was pretty psyched to get into this one.
Im beginning to pay serious attention to my and my family's diet. Things will be changing in my kitchen.

Yeah, I hear you on that. The more you learn about this, and understand everything that goes on behind the scenes, and start to believe in the basic everyday changes you can make, it's pretty tough to turn your back to it.

For anyone that's interested, here's a great website to learn more, and find a local farmers markets, csa's, etc...

http://www.localharvest.org/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Gol D. Roger

Life on The Mississippi by Mark Twain
,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

phuzzyfish12

SuperFreakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner

sprobeck

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'amour: The Adventure Stories, Volume Four. Great!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 29, 2010, 11:58:09 PM
Quote from: Phishy69 on January 29, 2010, 11:56:27 PM
Bible

the whole thing?
Well somebody mentioned the gnashing of teeth over there and you know, it felt like the right thing to do.  :-D
Nah, I read it in the evening from time to time.  I was brought up with that stuff, some of it stuck with me I guess.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 30, 2010, 12:06:28 AM
Bible

the whole thing?
Well somebody mentioned the gnashing of teeth over there and you know, it felt like the right thing to do.  :-D
Nah, I read it in the evening from time to time.  I was brought up with that stuff, some of it stuck with me I guess.

skip the begat stuff.

as vonnegut would say...
QuoteHow about Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, the Beatitudes?

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. ...

And so on.

Not exactly planks in a Republican platform. Not exactly Donald Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney stuff.

kellerb

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 30, 2010, 12:11:49 AM
Bible

the whole thing?

skip the begat stuff.

as vonnegut would say...

And so on.

Not exactly planks in a Republican platform. Not exactly Donald Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney stuff.

watch out, they hate it when you use their textbook against them

mbw

Quote from: kellerb on January 30, 2010, 12:42:09 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 30, 2010, 12:11:49 AM
Bible

the whole thing?

skip the begat stuff.

as vonnegut would say...

And so on.

watch out, they hate it when you use their textbook against them

who?