News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2008 rumor

Started by mattstick, December 04, 2007, 02:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Metallica and Led Zeppelin will headline Bonnaroo '08.  You may have heard it here first.

Marmar

awesome....2 more reasons to avoid Bonerzoo......

Never have been....never will be.

ADD: If those 2 are on the bill, watch the jump in ticket price$
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on December 04, 2007, 02:57:05 PM

You may have heard it here first.

:-D

Way to put yourself out there matt.   :-P :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

willsteele

Quote from: Marmar on December 04, 2007, 03:02:15 PM

Totally.  Well ...  I'm down with both bands...  Zep especially.  But I can't even imagine how giant of a pain in the ass this would be.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

mattstick

antelope19

Quote from: Marmar on December 04, 2007, 03:02:15 PM

Never have been....never will be.

ADD: If those 2 are on the bill, watch the jump in ticket price$

While I agree with the fact that both Metallica and LZ would be 2 major reasons for me NOT to go to Bonnaroo this summer if it holds true; I will stick up for the fact that the first 2 roo's were amazing.  Great music and pretty well run, IMO.  

Marmar

The thought of being surrounded by hillbillies scares me......
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

antelope19

Quote from: Marmar on December 04, 2007, 03:10:38 PM

hahahahahaha, well, if all else fails, the Jack Daniels distillery is just down the road. 

antelope19

but seriously, I didn't see a single hillbilly around. 

mattstick

I love big rock festivals - I almost never see the headliners anyhow, but I would watch Zepp.

Igbo

I have seen Metallica twice, and they kill it. Despite how you feel about Metallica, they put on a killer show.

I saw them with RJ once and even he liked it, and he's a hippy.

I dont give a sh*t about seeing Zepplin.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: Marmar on December 04, 2007, 03:10:38 PM

wrong part of Tenn...

Deliverance was made based on the area in the most SouthEastern tip  :-D
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

rowjimmy

A) I heard it here second.

B) Bonnaroo is not a hillbilly fest. It's a fairly well executed commercial fest with people from all over the country (world) attending. It may not be as metropolitan as Lollapolooza these days but it isn't a hayseed gathering.

c) I'd go to Bonnaroo again but, as it's safe to say I can't go (baby due) I'll also say that that pair of headliners wouldn't get me there.

(and yeah, I loved seeing Metallica @ MCI Center. But that's a far cry from camping in the field for three days with all of your favorite Metallica Fans.)

willsteele

Would I love to see Zep?  Damn right I would.  But in 1970.  And mos def with the real monster behind the drums.. Mr. John Bonham.  2008?  eh
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

kellerb

Could someone call bonnaroo up and remind them about woodstock '99 please?