News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/11 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by Undermind, June 11, 2011, 11:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Yeah, still haven't gotten used to that.  Mcgrupp corrected me a few times on Sunday.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

phil

Quote from: antelope19 on June 14, 2011, 03:35:30 PM
I'm only through Sand, but I don't get the hate for this show at all.

I just listened to the Wilson > Sand as well and I concur. I also listened to set II this morning while I was walking the dog and aside from the retarded horse force, CDT force, and Wading force, I thought the set was killer. And the CDT was well-played and interesting (to a degree) but I feel that this is overlooked because the transition was whack. I personally thought they recapitulated Waves too soon and didn't pause between the end of waves and the beginning of chalkdust, but hey that's just me.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 14, 2011, 03:53:39 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on June 14, 2011, 03:51:51 PM
LOL, just remembered this exchange from the other night between me and my GF fiance during roses

Me: Ever heard of Ween?
Her: Nope
Me: You're dead to me
Her:  :oops:
Me:  :shakehead:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

fyp  :wink:

I think what he was trying to say, is that she was demoted after said conversation...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

barnesy305

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on June 14, 2011, 04:37:43 PM
LOL, just remembered this exchange from the other night between me and my GF fiance during roses

I think what he was trying to say, is that she was demoted after said conversation...

Use The Pod as her initiation. If she can get through that album she's a keeper.

kellerb

Quote from: barnesy305 on June 14, 2011, 06:02:10 PM
Quote from: Poster Nutbag on June 14, 2011, 04:37:43 PM

Use The Pod as her initiation. If she can get through that album she's a keeper.

Proper (white-tableclothe) etiquette states that you should introduce any female companion as "Miss Henrietta Tubman" or "My friend, Tits McGee" until such time as you are properly engaged to be married.  This is regardless of co-habitation or whether or not you are digging her out on the regular.  The change can be quite jarring to some gentlemen.

antelope19

If you turn the sbd up and listen closely, you can hear someone scream "I WIN!" during the opening notes of albequrque.

Wonder what that's all about? :roll:

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on June 16, 2011, 10:30:43 AM
If you turn the sbd up and listen closely, you can hear someone scream "I WIN!" during the opening notes of albequrque.

Dude was quite exuberant...

Igbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 16, 2011, 11:18:06 AM

I started the looting in Vancouver last Saturday

antelope19

Quote from: Igbo on June 16, 2011, 12:13:45 PM

gah

Quote from: antelope19 on June 16, 2011, 05:25:03 PM
Quote from: Igbo on June 16, 2011, 12:13:45 PM

what the?  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Gumbo72203

I'm watching the Wilson>Sand video...... and I just noticed something:  Trey is tapping.  He's doing the Joe Satriani variety, where he uses the side of his pick instead of his fingertip but its still the same thing.

Has he ever done this before?  I didn't know Trey even knew about finger tapping lol....  or am I just totally clueless again, like how I didn't realized until only recently that Mike says "yo check this out" in Fluffhead?

This is a pretty bitchin' hot version of Wilson, too....   and I thought the transition into Sand was pretty killer.  Great flow and perfect placement, imo. 

EDIT:   This Sand is chair-bounce heaven!!!!!!!!  Fucking fantastic Sand!!!  The ending is especially enjoyable; I love how they fuck with it and drop out parts of the beat.  Trey was really good in there, too; very great tension builds and he even does a few sweep picking licks and is in great command in general.  He uses a littttle too much "out" playing for my personal tastes, but others may love it; if you do, this Sand is what you'll flip for. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mattstick

I'm confident Mike used to say "check it out".  The first "check this out" I remember was Red Rocks '09.

Hicks

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 23, 2011, 01:40:42 PM
I'm watching the Wilson>Sand video...... and I just noticed something:  Trey is tapping.  He's doing the Joe Satriani variety, where he uses the side of his pick instead of his fingertip but its still the same thing.

Has he ever done this before?  I didn't know Trey even knew about finger tapping lol....  or am I just totally clueless again, like how I didn't realized until only recently that Mike says "yo check this out" in Fluffhead?

This is a pretty bitchin' hot version of Wilson, too....   and I thought the transition into Sand was pretty killer.  Great flow and perfect placement, imo.

You thought Trey didn't know about finger tapping?

I'm pretty sure he's heard Van Halen before.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Hicks on June 23, 2011, 01:45:53 PM
You thought Trey didn't know about finger tapping?

I'm pretty sure he's heard Van Halen before.

haha yeah I mean, I'm sure he knew about it's existence, but I meant more of like... knowing about it in order to use it during a show sort of thing.  Like, that he didn't realize it was there to be done, or that it was available to him...  that it was something he could do in a song, like using a wah pedal for a solo, for instance, or switching to the neck pickup.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mbw

Quote from: mattstick on June 23, 2011, 01:44:36 PM

I'm confident Mike used to say "check it out".  The first "check this out" I remember was Red Rocks '09.

he says both.  'it' then 'this'
even on junta.