News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Raq- 3/2/07 Eugene, OR

saw Raq last night.  Best I have ever seen them. They keep getting better.  The last Portland show was just ok, so it's was great to see them really rip through a set.  They killed it.  I was very impressed.  If you have a chance to see them on this tour, do it....Unfortunatley, there was a taper with Schoeps, DFC like 25 feet fromt he stage and as soon as the opener (Jerry Joseph) ended, he broke down his rig and left the show.  "I gotta go get some beer..." (and they had beer at the show)....what a numbskull...

Hicks

People tape Jerry Joseph?  WTF?!!

Can't wait to see Raq on Wednesday!    :banana:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

yeah, I wish I could make it.  I still might go on Tuesday, if I have the time.....have fun on Wednesday...

Hicks

Raq 3/7/06 Goodfoot Lounge

kickass.

Stoked to see there was about three times as many people there as the last time I saw them.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

I heard that was a good show....

Hicks

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 15, 2007, 09:16:24 PM
I heard that was a good show....

uuh, can you say "Cult of Personality" encore?

Yeah it was so sick that I dropped two bucks on a "Support Our Stoops" sticker after the show. 

Your buddy Brian said what's up to me, thankfully as I would have never remembered him otherwise.   :-D

Caravan2001

cool....wish I made it....yeah, that's Ryan, he's my brother in law...good dude...Eugene was really good too, but I bet the goodfoot rocked.  Glad there were more people this time.

Hicks

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 16, 2007, 12:21:58 AM
cool....wish I made it....yeah, that's Ryan, he's my brother in law...good dude...Eugene was really good too, but I bet the goodfoot rocked.  Glad there were more people this time.

:oops:  Guess I still don't remember him!   

cactusfan

at the very last minute, i decided to go see the Greyboy Allstars last night.
as usual, they put on a great show. denson was on fire. nice cover of Taxman.

also recently saw Cake. only recently got into listening to them. their shows are like their albums, short, very tightly played songs. really good.

Bobafett

3/16 North MS Allstars, Proud Larry's Oxford, MS

Umm...was labeled an acoustic evening, but with the spring breakers out of town they threw on the electricity...they have a new keyboard player who really helps to fill out their sound...GMac came onstage for a few songs and to anyone who disses him, please check out BeanLand and the Kudzu Kings, because this is his music and he can wail, he just didn't fit into Mikeys shoes
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

antelope19

I'm on the fence about whether or not to go see ratdog tonight?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

No longer on the fence.  I just checked to see how much tickets were.   :|  40 bucks, ouch.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

cleech74

RJD2 @ Sonar in Baltimore.  Happy Chichester (acoustic) and Busdriver!  opened.  HC was one of the guys in RJD2.  He played for about 30min.  Then Busdriver tore it up! One DJ (i think also in RJD2) and a CRAZY-as-F*CK MC.

RJD2 had 4 guys on stage.  They played instruments for most of it, with a big DJ break in the middle of the set.  Kinda like drumz/space.  It was a really good show.

Here's some pics, enjoy!  I did. :-D
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

gimmetela

MMW in asheville,
going to see old crow medicine show in charlotte on friday!   :banana:

sophist

Quote from: phan003 on November 03, 2006, 09:48:28 AM
haven't seen a show since may
05/12/06
Oteil and the peacemakers with special guest Jimmy Herring
:| 

I need to get out more. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!